Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tape Emulation

Options
  • 10-06-2008 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of how to get tape emulation for under 1k (vst / windows) - can't really get another firewire interface as all mine are used up by fussy units that don't like chaining. Wave APA?

Need an option for warming digital mixes - have seen hardware, but waaaaaay too much money and i don't want to end up with outboard!

Thought this would be a fun thread :) - kit list is in link below

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

Do you want to avoid using plugins?

The only analog boxes I can think of off hand are the Portico, the Anamod and a Studer 2-track.
    Hilariously, I think the Studer would be the cheapest.

Plugins are from DUY, McDSP, Digidesign and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

i need VST if possible :) - or powercore type thing... maybe even waves apa and something loaded into it... no hardware if possible... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JJV

Sorry not VST, but Stephen Massey makes a very reasonably priced RTAS tape saturation plug in called Tape head. www.masseyplugins.com. He also released a free audio unit version available here. www.smassey.com/au.html.

JJ

www.jjvernon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

The massey plugin is great, but it's really not very 'tapey'.
    It's more like a soft distortion kinda effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭RealEstateKing

PSP Vintage Warmer does the tape thing quite nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

PSP Vintage Warmer does the tape thing quite nicely.
    +1.

Have my latest recordings on tape but this comes a close second.
    Subtle but tasty, like the real thing.

http://www.pspaudioware.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Have the PSP here now... It's not half bad. I've also heard through the web that UAD are going to release an emulator or a tape simulator that should proove interesting! - UAD seem to have done a great job with everything so far.... (excepth batch processing in WL6 :( )

Advertisement