Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food and Drink

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I've quite often gone a week or two or longer without eating meat. Sometimes I just don't feel like it.

The biggest issue with vegetarians I'd have is the 'chips vegetarian'. They don't eat meat but they won't eat vegetables. I know someone who is says she is a vegetarian but she's really a foodtarian. She only eats pizza, chips and chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

reallyrose wrote: »
    I've quite often gone a week or two or longer without eating meat. Sometimes I just don't feel like it.

Headache yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

well tomorrow is my break from sandwies.... think i may get something down in the shop, or may bring something in. shop = more sandwies... but something else means thinking of what that something else is. ah i'll think later.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Me say something controversial? never:eek: :p

Life is easier and healthier for me this way...plus the taste of meat was horrible and I never needed it really, since I rarely ate it in the first place.

And now I'm having soup...with bread. Hope that sounds a little better:pac:

and no...it's not oxtail or chicken soup lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

• Advertisement

F3uVJ.jpg

rTpum.png

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

reallyrose wrote: »

The biggest issue with vegetarians I'd have is the 'chips vegetarian'. They don't eat meat but they won't eat vegetables. I know someone who is says she is a vegetarian but she's really a foodtarian. She only eats pizza, chips and chocolate.

Heh that sounds like my diet, except I don't claim to be a vegetarian, love steak too much:D I'm really bad about eating properly but working on getting better. I can cook so it's just a matter of motivating myself to cook every night:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

i had quite the nommy sandwich for lunch. i heart mayonnaise. in case i didn't mention it before :pac:

oh and cause it's friday :rolleyes: I treated myself to a double chocolate donut :o

I love mayonnaise but it has to be Hellman mayonnaise, other just taste meh....
    i had quite the nommy sandwich for lunch. i heart mayonnaise. in case i didn't mention it before :pac:

oh and cause it's friday :rolleyes: I treated myself to a double chocolate donut :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Anybody eat Miracle Whip? My god, I love that stuff. Use it as a dip with cheese and onion hunky dorys......droolfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Pancake success! I've just made the mst delicious American-style fluffy pancakes. Nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Houmous! Must can't get enough of the stuff.

I made some yummy honey and seeded mustard pork chops yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

for breakfast I had a steak sandwich.

what you need:

mustard
    soy sauce
    pepper
    tabasco
    honey
    wasabi
    maple syrup

mix together in a bowl to taste, marinad the steak for a while, throw in frying pan, cook how you like I cook it rare, then throw it all chopped up into a slice of grinder bread with a mayo/mustard sauce.

win

Nerin wrote: »
    for breakfast I had a steak sandwich.

what you need:

mustard
    soy sauce
    pepper
    tabasco
    honey
    wasabi
    maple syrup

mix together in a bowl to taste, marinad the steak for a while, throw in frying pan, cook how you like I cook it rare, then throw it all chopped up into a slice of grinder bread with a mayo/mustard sauce.

win

Sounds pretty spicy, though you do balance that nicely with honey and maple syrup. I do a similar sauce myself but I don't have any wasabi :(

I think I'll go for steak tonight!

WmX3y.jpg

Guys, two questions...

1. Do we have an Irish equivalent to the Angus quality seal? I know you can get Angus cows from Ireland, but I'm just wondering.

2. Someone give me a grading of the best steak cuts, top 5 perhaps. Your own opinion of course, I know there's massive debate in the food forums over this, but I'm just curious from the Nocs.

Angus is a bread of cow not a quality seal as such....
    The cuts of meat all have their own special taste and qualities.
    But you have to prepare and cook they right for each cut.
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Guys, two questions...

1. Do we have an Irish equivalent to the Angus quality seal? I know you can get Angus cows from Ireland, but I'm just wondering.

2. Someone give me a grading of the best steak cuts, top 5 perhaps. Your own opinion of course, I know there's massive debate in the food forums over this, but I'm just curious from the Nocs.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Angus is a bread of cow not a quality seal as such....
    The cuts of meat all have their own special taste and qualities.
    But you have to prepare and cook they right for each cut.

Yea each breed has it's flaws. I'd look at the farmer rather than the breed, however Irish Angus beef apparently is only supplied to Tesco Ireland so if it's a good steak cut you got I'd stick with them. May go to them for my steak in future:)

Yeah it was actually delicious, and it was a sirloin rather than a fillet... so I'm terrified at how tasty the fillet might be!

Apart from being from the Angus breed, they also have to have the following to get the cert...
    • Modest or higher degree of marbling
    • Medium or fine marbling texture
    • "A" maturity
    • 10 to 16 square-inch ribeye area
    • Less than 1,000-pound hot carcass weight
    • Less than 1-inch fat thickness
    • Moderately thick or thicker muscling
    • No hump on the neck exceeding 5 cm (2")
    • Practically free of capillary rupture
    • No dark cutting characteristics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Screw Angus and treat yourself to a Kobe beef cut from the Wagyu cattle, it's expensive but worth every mouth watering delicious penny.

Maguined wrote: »
    Screw Angus and treat yourself to a Kobe beef cut from the Wagyu cattle, it's expensive but worth every mouth watering delicious penny.

I'd be afraid of cooking it wrong. I'm practicing on the Angus :)

I made a JD bbq sauce yoke. Twas yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Just cooked BBQ pork chops with homemade wedges and roast peppers for dinner. It was so delicious. I am declaring my BBQ sauce an unbridled success. Nyom. :)

It's ok guys, I found the long lost "This is what I'm eating, nyom" thread!

Ok, I'm currently eating an orange choc chip cookie from the Government Press Centre. They are my greatest nyom addiction at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I had an iced coffee about an hour ago and now my tummy is bad at me :(

What an odd video... makes me hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Fewcifur wrote: »
    What an odd video... makes me hungry.

That makes you hungry?! Weirdo :pac:

jokettle wrote: »
    That makes you hungry?! Weirdo :pac:

It's been a long time since my last McDonalds. I'd probably slaughter a village if I caught sight of a double cheesebuygah at the other end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

I had a large Big Mac meal with Coke today in McDonalds!

Savage stuff! :pac:

Advertisement