Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda S2000

Options
  • 10-06-2008 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Anybody got any rough figures on the running costs of a honda s2000.
    MPG please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Only one member on here (mayshine) has one, and I don't think he's on here too often. You'd be better off looking on some of the UK forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Slig wrote: »
    Anybody got any rough figures on the running costs of a honda s2000.
    MPG please

Struggles to get 30mpg according to guy here who owned one for 3 years. Loved it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Honda S2000 will get around 28-34 MPG depending on how it is driven.

I am driving an Integra Type R DC5 and i am getting around 30-35 MPG as long as i stay away from the Vtec.

Same can be said for the Civic EP3 that is, around 30-35 MPG when you stay clear of the Vtec.

The S2000 whether is be the AP1 or the AP2 although a slightly different engine putting out around 238-245 BHP at the flywheel it does have the Vtec will put of roughly the same MPG.

You need to factor in wheel base, drive train, weight etc

Love Honda's but don't let the MPG put you off when you consider the car you are about to drive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

logik wrote: »
    Honda S2000 will get around 28-34 MPG depending on how it is driven.

I am driving an Integra Type R DC5 and i am getting around 30-35 MPG as long as i stay away from the Vtec.

Love Honda's but don't let the MPG put you off when you consider the car you are about to drive :)

Flippin' 'eck! I have a 4th Gen Vtec Prelude, and only get about 27mpg out of it..
    Couldn't agree more with your last sentence though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GarC77

Slig, I'm not sure if you are still interested in S2000 mpg.
    If you are here is some information.

I bought an S2000 early in June '08 and since the 19th June I have been recording my mileage, fuel usage and costs.

Distance: 4885.9 km / 3029.3 miles
    Fuel used: 561.5 litres / 123.51 gallons
    Fuel costs to date: €798.20
    Average cost per litre: €1.422
    (I spent time in France and Spain where fuel is more expensive)
    My mpg (per tank) has gone from 23.1 to 30.9 averaging at 24.53.
    I only got 30.9 on the motorway.

The S2000 is a great car. Good luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement