Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who Top Trumps for DS/PC/PS2

Options
  • 10-06-2008 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else play this?

I've been playing the DS version. It's surprisingly good fun and adds lots of new elements to playing Top Trumps that actually make it a strategic game to play rather than a totally random one.

The Dalek is my favourite character to play as. He's got an "exterminate" special move that lowers all the stats of your opponents card by 50%.

There are a few odd stats in there though... For instance a Dalek's height is 1.8m... but the Genesis Ark is 1.72m tall... I somehow don't remember them all banging their heads as they flew out of it at the end of season 2.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Anyone else play this?

I've been playing the DS version. It's surprisingly good fun and adds lots of new elements to playing Top Trumps that actually make it a strategic game to play rather than a totally random one.

The Dalek is my favourite character to play as. He's got an "exterminate" special move that lowers all the stats of your opponents card by 50%.

There are a few odd stats in there though... For instance a Dalek's height is 1.8m... but the Genesis Ark is 1.72m tall... I somehow don't remember them all banging their heads as they flew out of it at the end of season 2.

... bigger on the inside? :)

Is this new? I knew there was a game in development, didn't know it was complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

SDooM wrote: »
    ... bigger on the inside? :)

They still have to fit out the door somehow.

I think it's out about 2 weeks now... there's really not an awful lot to it... but it's strangely compelling.

Oh and...

No Rose card, no Empty Child Card, No Family of Blood card, No Master card.

But we've got Martha's ma and the show girl from Daleks in Manhattan to keep us going.. oh yes...

They still have to fit out the door somehow.

I think it's out about 2 weeks now... there's really not an awful lot to it... but it's strangely compelling.

Oh and...

No Rose card, no Empty Child Card, No Family of Blood card, No Master card.

But we've got Martha's ma and the show girl from Daleks in Manhattan to keep us going.. oh yes...

They gotta keep something for the sequel...

I'll pick it up I think when I see it.

The Judoon Captain seems to be over powered greatly.

He's one of the most intelligent and most courageous cards in the deck.

Rates very high on Darkness and Monster stats too.

Low on height though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Do you have the DS version?
    Is it worth getting?

• Advertisement

Do you have the DS version?
    Is it worth getting?

Yep. Mine was the DS version. It's not very long and now that I have 100% completion on it there's not much for me to go back to.

I haven't given multiplayer a go yet though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ack, it's just top trumps? damnit,I thought maybe the Dr. Who game coming out was gonna be a "proper" video game; like a point n' click adventure or something. Boo!

Ah.. maybe if it sells well we'll get a more full Doctor Who game...

Shessh... I remember the Doctor Who game I had on the Amiga years ago.

Wow.. it really captured the essence of what Doctor Who is all about... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow.

I mean, just. Wow. Mindy you, Sylvester McCoy's manly grunts when he gets hit are kinda hilarious :D

The Judoon Captain seems to be over powered greatly.

He's one of the most intelligent and most courageous cards in the deck.

Rates very high on Darkness and Monster stats too.

Low on height though.

You know I saw nothing that would mark him as intelligent in that episode...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Cant get it in Tipp, and wasnt in Blanchardstown Centre on Saturday. Where are you lads getting it from? Need a ps2 and DS one STAT!!

Ah, the amiga.... that actually looks like a classic Who Ep, lots of running around...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Cant get it in Tipp, and wasnt in Blanchardstown Centre on Saturday. Where are you lads getting it from? Need a ps2 and DS one STAT!!

Ah, the amiga.... that actually looks like a classic Who Ep, lots of running around...
    Well any of the GAME/Gamestop outlets in Dublin City Centre have it
    Try your local Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Well any of the GAME/Gamestop outlets in Dublin City Centre have it
    Try your local Gamestop.

Did, but it dont. In any event looked at it in HMV Grafton Street yesterday. Not sure if the lads would like it.

Got them Genesis of the Daleks instead. And In the Night Garden. Not sure which one is the more scary.

Watched Genesis of the Daleks not too long ago.

It's good... but they story is padded out with so much trekking from one base to the other...

Oh here's a clip of the PC version of Top Trumps:

Advertisement