Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 2

Options
  • 10-06-2008 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Happy out with the poetry. Everything I predicted came up on it but....An Triail...disaster! And the stories...I just didn't have enough learned for them. I'm really disappointed as I was counting on paper 2 being my better one (turns out I did a good paper 1 though...I think!) and the aural was disastrous as well :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Pretty happy with todays paper.
    Did the HL Choice course, so most of the normal poetry / pros stuff doesn't affect me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

LilLorna wrote: »
    Happy out with the poetry. Everything I predicted came up on it but....An Triail...disaster! And the stories...I just didn't have enough learned for them. I'm really disappointed as I was counting on paper 2 being my better one (turns out I did a good paper 1 though...I think!) and the aural was disastrous as well :(

an triail was a disaster

the questions could actually be classed as cruel and unusual punishment.. i did the character one in the end and apparently i wrote like a page on liam instead of sean...like, i thought sean was the dude who loved beiti de burca...:mad:grrrrr...it was horrible...basically threw at least 20 marks down the drain, not to mention how many i lost for my pathetic analogy of bean ui chinnsiligh...

the rest was grand though....(cept for stair..mine was hilaaaaaarious!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭louise-x

absolute worst paper of my leaving cert.

not that it was particularly hard,
    i just knew NOTHING.
    wrote about half a page for an triail,
    and only did one thing on stair
    TERRIBLE

may have failed that paper
    just hope i didnt fail overall

don't care though
    I NEVER HAVE TO DO IRISH AGAIN
    brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

by any chance was your one thing caitlin maude?? i really need to know how she died....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭louise-x

nope i did filiocht na mbard for stair

so lucky cause i just looked over it before i went in

that 15 marks could keep me from failing... :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Irish language school, top notch Irish teacher whos normally spot on with these things.

Handed her the Triall question.

One look, and then "Oh...thats bollocks" SPOT ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Katerrrs

Argh, just realised i never read the Lig Sinn i gCathú question properly- i wrote about almost all of the characters instead of just 2 like it asked...any one know how many marks i'll lose for this? Was banking on an A1, not looking likely now...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

I really liked the paper ^^

Best answer was probably An Triail, had done character questions for the week before so was well prepared for Séan.

Poetry, was just beautiful! Bimse and Faoiseamh were great questions for me, as was Oíche. Hope I done as well as I think I did ^^

Clare question was unusal but I tried my best and let's hope.

Erm..stair..was grand as well. Made a little botún with the Ruraíocht but other than that, other bits were fine.

Was very relieved to have finished it though. Just hope I've done myself justice in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 LilLorna

What did the An Triail question actually mean? I had only studied the main characters so I couldn't do the character question and the only word I understood in the second one was coimhlint so I just wrote about conflict between Maire and the mother and Maire and Padraig for about a page before going 'feck this!' and left about and hour and a half early. :(

Advertisement