Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahhh..my first sale!

Options
  • 10-06-2008 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Just sold my first enchant today hehe!:D
    Ah feels good!

Competitive market tho lol! Anyone else here high level enchanter...how does it work out for u?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Make macros listing the enchants you do, you can add item (or in this case enchant links) into macros so it saves TONS of time.

Get fiery, crusader and grind to revered (i think it is) for +15 agi to 1-hander, only do this while leveling or it'll just get too frustrating otherwise. Then you can start on a bunch of the soloable burning crusade enchants.

Every so often you will find people doing +12 ap to bracer for free, or whatever. Dont worry about it, just keep on spamming your macros periodically. Alot of the people doing it for free are just doing it to skill up (because for some reason they dont realise they can just re-enchant their own items) and will eventually give up when they cant find people or when they reach the required amount.

But if nothing else, trust me on the macros ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Is there an addon for advertising enchanting? I've seen one for jewlcrafting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 displeaser

Yes there are several addons to do that for you.

Have a look at Enchantbot, Enchantsell or enchantlist. Auctioneer comes with a module which you will find useful which will tell you what items will most likely get disenchanted to. Also allows you to search the auction house for cheap items you can disenchant for profit. I seem to remember seeing an option in auctioneer (or maybe auctioneer advanced to allow enchantment announcements but I'm not sure).

I've been 375 on my main toon for over a year now and do not sell enchants and havent for a year roughly. Once the news gets around you get an annoying large number of whispers asking for enchants, insisting you go to them, wrong enchant materials, getting you to buy the materials and then saying they cant afford it or dont want it anymore etc etc. IE for me, it was a pain after a while. If you dont mind it then fair played to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

displeaser wrote: »
    Auctioneer comes with a module which you will find useful which will tell you what items will most likely get disenchanted to. Also allows you to search the auction house for cheap items you can disenchant for profit. I seem to remember seeing an option in auctioneer (or maybe auctioneer advanced to allow enchantment announcements but I'm not sure).

Oh man, Auctioneer is soooooooooo awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Oh man, Auctioneer is soooooooooo awesome!
    actually got this last night...

sooooooooooooo much information...it almost confused me! lol!

• Advertisement

The auctioneer documentation is quite good tbh Linky. Check the "Using Auctioneer" section. Once you get used to it you'll love it :)

most helpful!

tyvm! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Tis the best addon in the world. Ive a lvl 26 with over 750g at this point. Say hellow epic flyer as soon as it hits 70 !

Anti wrote: »
    Tis the best addon in the world. Ive a lvl 26 with over 750g at this point. Say hellow epic flyer as soon as it hits 70 !
    ok how the hell did u do that lol...i'm lvl 50 and have 50g lol.
    granted i've spent about 50 more on enchanting, but meh!
    750G insane says me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Its quite easy with auctioneer. Plus i skin and mine which seem to be the two biggest money makers. Given that i can collect 40/60 copper ore in 30 mins and sell per stack in bar for 5-8g. And on the way i kill anything thats skinable. Making friends with an enchanter is always good too, as they are constantly looking for stuff to De for mats. Granted it wont last long as they will require higher items then you can get from random drops/instances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Found this an interesting read Kunzite's Gold Guide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

One of the many mistakes I made when I started was having enchanting and tailoring as skills. Having two manufacturing skills is very hard on the wallet.

Einstein wrote: »
    ok how the hell did u do that lol...i'm lvl 50 and have 50g lol.
    granted i've spent about 50 more on enchanting, but meh!
    750G insane says me!

As Anti says, two gathering professions can bring in a lot of money, once you have some money you can use auctioneers bottem scanner and the AH search to find many bargains and bring in tons of cash. Making money is wow and 750gold is not that much anymore. Wait till you hit 70 and bring in 320gold a day per toon, just from doing dailies (and thats not counting the drops and mob cash from doing them). Two 70 toons doing dailies and 20-30 mins a day in AH will get you 1k gold a day easy
    matthew26 wrote:
    One of the many mistakes I made when I started was having enchanting and tailoring as skills. Having two manufacturing skills is very hard on the wallet.
    Both big earners if you use them right. Tailoring means you can make clothes from cloth that drops that you can then dis-enchant, hence leveling both of them. Also bags are always a bigbig seller. enchanting is a great way of making money as theres always a need for enchanting mats at all levels, also quite often, the useless soulbound quest rewards you get can be disenchanted and the mats sold for a lot more then you can vendor the item. Also free enchants for you as you level (otherwise its not worth enchanting anything below 70 unless your a twink imho).

Advertisement