Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plumber charges...yikes!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

i reckon they're having a laugh - it can be slow but a full days work!!!

saying that unfortunately, imho you hired the tiler and you'll have to come to some arrangement with the plumber - afterall the job is completed.

Realistically, if you can get out of this for 300 go for it and put it down
    to experience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I can see the plastic pipes at the back of the house and to me, it doesnt look like it would be that hard to get them off? Im pretty sure i could do it myself from looking at it.
    Try getting those pipes off with a fully loaded toilet at the other side.
    Just pass the plumbers bill, stating that there was tileing waste in the pipes, on to the tiler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

2 stroke wrote: »
    Try getting those pipes off with a fully loaded toilet at the other side.
    Just pass the plumbers bill, stating that there was tileing waste in the pipes, on to the tiler.

thats a very good point. nasty work . Imagine the back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭abbey2000

I do intend to pass the bill to the tiler, but i dont want him to think that im taking the absolute p*** with a bill for 550. i just think that its an incredible amount. and i do think that the plumbers "two lads" are p*** takers.

i have seen them when they were doing work for my neighbour. when they come out of the house and job is done, they sit in the car and smoke fags for ages! i was watching them one day and they were still in the car half an hour later when i left my house, so i dont think they are helping the cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

abbey2000 wrote: »
    i have seen them when they were doing work for my neighbour. when they come out of the house and job is done, they sit in the car and smoke fags for ages! i was watching them one day and they were still in the car half an hour later when i left my house, so i dont think they are helping the cause.

If you're really not happy with things ,maybe take the route of telling the plumber you will have to wait for the tiler to sort things out.

After all ,you've waited this long for a reply from him. I wouldn't say hes too pushed about getting payed ,he probably just happened to be in the area when he knocked.

• Advertisement

thanks for the replies all. As you say, the plumber waited 2 mths before calling. So I'll wait to get the full report of exactly what was done by him, and then will pass on to the tiler and request that he pay.

I just dont have 550 euro to pay for this.

never paid for this and never heard from plumber again....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Just read all thru this, happy days.

That was a rediculous charge if blockage was between toilet and AJ nearest.
    Even if he just cut off all that wavin and fitted new he couldn't have arrived at that!

Glad it worked out for you.

Advertisement