Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business - How did you get on?

Options
  • 10-06-2008 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

HL Paper

OL Paper

So what did ye think of it? I did HL and thought it was fair. ABQ seemed ok and short questions were mostly alright.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Did the HL paper, reckon I got a fairly good grade.

All good fair questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

I found it handy enough. I answered Q2, Q5, Q6 and Q7 for the long Questions.

Wasn't so sure on how to "Illustrate the impact of new technologies on business opportunities.", I made points about various new technologies (online music, HDTV) and then showed some business opportunities.

Had about 3 mins to spare at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Did Higher..

Was So Worried Beforehand But It Was Actually Not Too Bad..

Nice ABQ Methinks..

Hand Still Hurts..

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

Alvis wrote: »
    I found it handy enough. I answered Q2, Q5, Q6 and Q7 for the long Questions.

Wasn't so sure on how to "Illustrate the impact of new technologies on business opportunities.", I made points about various new technologies (online music, HDTV) and then showed some business opportunities.

Had about 3 mins to spare at the end.

I said about online shopping and video conferencing and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 conormob

Answerd everything i had to i havent a clue how i done but i think the ABQ was the easiest part of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 john-btid

I took the higher level and was hopeing on an A.But the length of the paer was a bit runreal i didnt have half as much as i wished too.I got all the short questions out and they were very easy,the long questions out and really well answered but when in came to the ABQ well that wasnt grt.The questions were very good do.

Anyone else find the time factor an annoyance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Nice enough paper, nothing I didnt understand, think I did well in it.

did questions 1,3,4 and 7.

timed it well with about 6 minutes to go when i finished.

Didnt really bother to look over it, nothing much I could do at that stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

omg
    omg
    omg
    omg
    i eat when i'm upset
    i've had 3 cornettos
    so far
    that's all i have to say about it

john-btid wrote: »
    I took the higher level and was hopeing on an A.But the length of the paer was a bit runreal i didnt have half as much as i wished too.I got all the short questions out and they were very easy,the long questions out and really well answered but when in came to the ABQ well that wasnt grt.The questions were very good do.

Yep just got it finished......Well not completly finished as I just rushed the part b and c cause I only had 5 mins left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

ran tooooooootally out of time! id say what i did went pretty well but i could have done with like, another half hour! anyone else thing the ABQ was a dream?? spent way too long on it but it was practically spelled out for us i thought...the link thingys were everywhere...twas great!

• Advertisement

my ABQ was unreal crap lol i wrote a page on the 4ps and i could write for days on them,time was just a huge burdin

Totally.. 2fm guy said short questions and abq by 3.15

Got it done by 3.25.

Totally wrote like mad for long questions and was writing until we were told to stop..

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Test should be 4 hours!
    Had to leave out info just to keep moving on.
    ABQ was the best one i have seen(as in it had quotable material in it)
    Shorts weren't as easy as normal.
    But longs were nice, worded weirdly sometimes and they wanted alot of examples.

A question, what new product did ye do for q7?? I made an avocado chocolate bar.

Prototype development. The green pigment in the chocolate was unappealing:p:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

Someone explain the correct version of the following;

Offer v Invitation To Treat
    Delivery Van Finance - Medium Term Loan?

For the Strategic v Tactical Planning Q - I defined each perfectly, only the names were the other way round! What marks will I get?

Test should be 4 hours!

A question, what new product did ye do for q7?? I made an avocado chocolate bar.

Prototype development. The green pigment in the chocolate was unappealing:p:pac:

haha i did almost the same thing with the a nuts chocolate bar lol

tasha1 wrote: »

Totally wrote like mad for long questions and was writing until we were told to stop..

Ha when our supervisor said stop everyone just kept going and didnt even acknowledge himup.:p

fivetwenty wrote: »
    Someone explain the correct version of the following;

Offer v Invitation To Treat
    Delivery Van Finance - Medium Term Loan?

For the Strategic v Tactical Planning Q - I defined each perfectly, only the names were the other way round! What marks will I get?

i was looking at marking scheme they will deducte uyou very little like only 2 or 3 marks

haha i did almost the same thing with the a nuts chocolate bar lol

:pac::pac: After my Prototype dev i decided to add nuts to balance out the avocado flavour:D:D:D

Ha when our supervisor said stop everyone just kept going and didnt even acknowledge himup.:p

I'd already had an argument with mine today so i thought best not.. :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Adam08

(C) Evaluate the contributions that Stock Control and Credit Control make to the successful
    management of a business. Use examples in your answer. (20 marks)

Could anyone help me out with this one? I messed up the supply of services act.

• Advertisement

:pac::pac: After my Prototype dev i decided to add nuts to balance out the avocado flavour:D:D:D

i luv it haha

that was a :( question.
    I just saw control and jumped into it. hopefully the 35 pages i wrote will make up for it!

Adam08 wrote: »
    (C)
    Evaluate the contributions that Stock Control and Credit Control make to the successful

management of a business. Use examples in your answer. (20 marks)

Could anyone help me out with this one? I messed up the supply of services act.

ye had to basically go into holdingtoo much stock,holding to little stock,and just in ytime production in stock

and credit go into the credit controller and his functions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Paulfarnsworth

liked it alot
    was in until the end and was rushing quite a bit but i think it went grand
    the abq was brilliant
    answered everything and well i think after checkin my answers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

Test should be 4 hours!

totally same thing, and you kinda just want to write, "yeah i know another 2 pages worth on this"

They were HORRIBLE. bout half of em had like 2 parts, as if they really really dont want anyone to get full marks in them..seriously unimpressed...

ha ha i like it... i did an alarm clock...i dont really know why, first thing that came to mind... the bell wasnt loud enough on it though:rolleyes:

For the prototype development one I didnt talk about a product..Will I lose alot of marks??

i said that:D:D:D....the control thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 tute08

It was fine! thought the section A were much harder than other years think i only answered about 5 of those, messed up my break even chart, and had to redo it! So i lost time on that didnt answer 1 whole section C question!!! I worked really hard for business and lost out on time and the section A. grrrrrrrrrr:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

tute08 wrote: »
    It was fine! thought the section A were much harder than other years think i only answered about 5 of those, messed up my break even chart, and had to redo it! So i lost time on that didnt answer 1 whole section C question!!! I worked really hard for business and lost out on time and the section A. grrrrrrrrrr:mad:

I agree, SQ's were way harder than previous years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

EI787 wrote: »
    HL Paper

OL Paper

So what did ye think of it? I did HL and thought it was fair. ABQ seemed ok and short questions were mostly alright.

HL Business ... not to bad at all !! :) A1 or A2 for me :D

Advertisement