Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business - How did you get on?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 john-btid

i was delighted with the short questions

i came up in the 10th short question

me and my 350,000 euro house:D
    the smile on my face when i see that was epic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Very happy i must say, missed out on a whole Q because of timing but everything else was great so happy days !

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

In my pre paper, I was totally stuck for time. However, for this paper, I was actually finished very early in comparison to what some of you are saying.

I re-did my break-even question when I had the 20 mins to spare at the end. I wrote near enough 1 - 1 + 1/2 pages for most questions. I do admit though that I did write incredibly fast, and stuck strictly to the time guide given on the 2FM radio program.

Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

john-btid wrote: »
    i was delighted with the short questions

i came up in the 10th short question

me and my 350,000 euro house:D
    the smile on my face when i see that was epic

Was the answer like 57,000 or something like that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

oleary91 wrote: »
    Was the answer like 57,000 or something like that??

54 I think it was

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭louise-x

ran outta time and felt like my hand was gonna fall off,
    but other than that it was fairly alright...
    some of the short questions were a bit tough i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

Oh ya thats the one..Knew it was in the 50's:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nerd3000

an awkward question to say the least!!

just wondering, was mentioning the Credit Controller vital?

From an unusual perspective, I must say that it was quite boring - the most boring one I've done yet, maybe it's because the LC is whining down now - but it just didn't have me feeling tense at ANY point.

I got 89 in the mocks so was expecting an A1 (Still possible, I did similar to my mock) but the SQ's just depressed me for the whole thing - Then the ABQ which was more of a challenge in timing rather than wit. The rest was like joining dots.

Maths had me tense, English had me delighted while I was doing it as what I wanted came up - Geography the same.

Just Business & Irish (My OL subject) these past few days have sucked the will to live out of me.

nerd3000 wrote: »
    an awkward question to say the least!!

just wondering, was mentioning the Credit Controller vital?

Controller?

I didn't - don't recall hearing of him either - so no I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I thought the paper was perhaps one of the easiest in a long time. Good job SEC is all I can say. The ABQ and the long questions were all reasonable. I did Q1, 2, 6, and 5.

I have to say as someone who didn't touch Unit 3 at all, that was probably a very good decision given today's paper.

Now 2 days till German. :pac:

Well done all :)

What a nice paper. :D

I did Higher level and did question 1,5,6, and 7.. the short questions were really easy... and omg.. the ABQ = simplicity! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

anyone know what il get if i got a wrong answer for the break even point but the diagram was ok?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Overall a very nice paper. I knew most things they were asking and Id say I could have gotten an A if I didnt run out of time :( Oh well still got a B :)

The short questions seemed a little harder than other years but were doable.

ABQ was very nice except only got half way through part C and had to move on. What did people write as their 'reccomendation'?

Long Qs all very fair. I did Qs 2, 3, 6, and 7.
    Q7 was lovely, full marks Id say
    :pac::pac: After my Prototype dev i decided to add nuts to balance out the avocado flavour:D:D:D

I dont think for were ment to make your own product:confused:? Werent you ment to refer it to a the prototype development and feasibility study of a real product? I used Cadburys Snaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CCFC_Rebel

just a quick question
    was the marketing mix in the abq promotion price place and product??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭louise-x

CCFC_Rebel wrote: »
    just a quick question
    was the marketing mix in the abq promotion price place and product??

yes.

I just used "car" then threw in "Ford" when I needed to instead of "company"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CCFC_Rebel

thats after bringing a smile to my face now
    thanks

anyone know what il get if i got a wrong answer for the break even point but the diagram was ok?!

you will get marks for the method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Now that I think of it that marketing mix question on the ABQ was worth 30 marks. 5 marks for each of product, price, place and promotion......what did everyone do for the other 10 marks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Found the short questions a bit hard but overall I was happy with it.

The quotations you had are worth marks also King Ludvig.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jb_989

Nooooo!! I was rushing so much that in question 7 part c i explained perfectly what feasibility study and prototype development was but never referred it to a product. I only realized that now, going through the paper :(
    Will i lose a lot of marks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

It was a nice paper. However, I'm slightly pissed off.

Short questions were OK, a little bit tricky.

ABQ was sweet.

But I ****ed up on the long questions. I did 4 questions. They were generally well answered. I started off with Q5 about the HR Management which I knew would be my strongest answer, then went to Q3. Then I did Q1. My timing was a little arseways and was in a rush so answered Q2, not thinking you could only do 1 from Part 1 and 2 from Part 2. What do you think will happen? I'm really annoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

aw i actually managed to finish the paper for once.. but the material wasnt the quality staff i usually write :( was a bit dissapointed in that.. finished my booklet completely :D happy with that though..

i think i m screwed for examples.. they were everywhere.. all over the place.. eh.. dont even know if the examiner him self will spot them :D

but other than that though that was a nice paper.. bep completely saved me for timing.. would of been out of it by the last qs )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Petie_Pie

Eh you will get marked for 2 questions in section 1... and your one question in section 2.... so you wil be gttin marked outta /180....
    It is a common mistake. made it in the pre...learned from it doi...

DEFINATLY NOT ENOUGH TIME... and it was annoying because i knew the information but couldnt write it all down.... didnt have time for part c) of the ABQ and B) n C) of question 5:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Paddy-Megans-Lo

Now that I think of it that marketing mix question on the ABQ was worth 30 marks. 5 marks for each of product, price, place and promotion......what did everyone do for the other 10 marks?

Well your right to divide the marks by 5, so yeah you needed six clear points with clear quotation. I threw in packaging as a whole point on its own (seperate from product) cause they specifically stated a lovely quote about packaging

i did a concluding point (to make it 6 altogether) saying my opinion and any reccomendations cause the keyword in the question was 'evaluate'..

----

Thought the same as a lot of people. Lots of choice in the long questions, some part b and c's a bit tricky though.. :confused:
    I answer question 1, 3, 4 and 6. :):)

Wrote 18 pages altogether .... my hand has never been so sore in my entire life...:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Got on grand, only left q7 blank in the shorts. Break Even worked out well and finished just on the dot of 5!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mebabyme

oleary91 wrote: »
    I said about online shopping and video conferencing and all that

ye my heading were like communications (email), advertising (website) Video Confrencing and Purchasing (internet)

all were based on world wide possibilities etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

its all such waffle :)

Advertisement