Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phone Watch

Options
  • 10-06-2008 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here use Eircom Phone Watch for their security on their business?, if yes, would you recommend them?, if not, what type of security would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭c1979

all security companies offer the same service to business

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

depends what your business is and what level of security you require.

MTS Security is head and shoulders above anything else in the market imo. And no, i have no connection with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

hi there,

Used eircom phone watch for nearly 2 years and i had no problems with them at all. We had a simple system that was a gsm unit (as opposed to a hard line alarm) with 5 internal sensors, 2 rolller door sensors, 2 break glass sensors and a smoke detector. They installed the whole system for well under a grand with 25 odd quid monthly monitoring.

Every other security alarm company we talked with then (and since) could not beat the price for the gsm unit.

Also, we recently move premises, so contacted eircom to see if they could re-install our system. They said it would take 4-6 weeks (this was eircom agents problem) however, since we had remained in contract with them for more than 1 year, all the hardware was ours for the taking:D

This saved us an absolute fortune when setting up new alarm in new premises. And fair fecks to one of the only honest alarm companies (Corrib Fire & Alarms) who told us they could easily use the gsm equipment as it was still within alarm regulations. Other companies gave us the "Oh, thats out of date, you'll have to buy this one for 5 million euro!"

And yes - all equipment and installation work was certified and carried out to NSAI standards.

Ps - I usually cant stand them ******** Eircom!

Advertisement