Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dropping down in french

Options
  • 10-06-2008 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

i have decided to move down to ordinary level french and was wondering is it still possible to move down i now that in irish you can still move down after the oral is it the same in french or do you have to stay in irish please let me know thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

You can still drop down.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Talk to your teacher.

If it's still the same as it was in my day, sylabuses can vary so much between the levels that an average student in Higher Level would not be sufficiently prepared to sit the lower paper.

You're probably better prepared for the paper than you think you are. Don't let last minute nerves make such an important decision for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Not much difference apart from messages and cloze tests

if you think you will only scrape a pass id advise to do ordinary.It is very easy compared to higher and you will probably get an A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Sleepy is spot on there.
    I did Higher Level German for donkeys. Dropped down. Took some time to adapt, the paper is COMPLETELY different. I imagine French to be similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

The paper isnt that different. Easier comprehensions. Cloze test which are easy and youve probably done a few already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement