Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business!!!!!!:mad:

Options
  • 10-06-2008 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

im just after finishing the honours business paper and im really f**king p**sed off!!!!!! the paper was grand,knew the answer to every question but just because i cant write as fast as the A students i wont get near an A now!! i needed a B3 but i barely got my 3rd long q finished and was forced to write bullet points on the last 60 mark q!!!! what the f**k is the point in the stupid time constraint, Why cant they just give you an extra 20mins!!its not like the people who havent put in the work will magically remember the answers but it means punishes people who cant write fast!!!! arrggghh!!!:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

cartman444 wrote: »
    im just after finishing the honours business paper and im really f**king p**sed off!!!!!! the paper was grand,knew the answer to every question but just because i cant write as fast as the A students i wont get near an A now!! i needed a B3 but i barely got my 3rd long q finished and was forced to write bullet points on the last 60 mark q!!!! what the f**k is the point in the stupid time constraint, Why cant they just give you an extra 20mins!!its not like the people who havent put in the work will magically remember the answers but it means punishes people who cant write fast!!!! arrggghh!!!:mad:

feel exactly the same way! the paper was grand like (cept the short questions, 2 parts to at least half of them..."short" questions??) but that whole point + expansion thing went right out the window...it was more like point+3 words by the end... shame though cos surprisingly it was very do-able...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Im in the same both. I knew what they were looking for in almost every question. I could have got an A if I didnt run out of time. Now Id say I got a B2. I got it about 80% completed. Could have done with another half hour. :(

Isnt this an exam on what you've learnt about busines, not who can write the fastest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭cartman444

Im in the same both. I knew what they were looking for in almost every question. I could have got an A if I didnt run out of time. Now Id say I got a B2. I got it about 80% completed. Could have done with another half hour. :(

Isnt this an exam on what you've learnt about busines, not who can write the fastest?

couldnt agree with you more like!!! i understand that an exam must have a limit but at least let us show what we've spent 2 f**king years learning!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Steveo12345youg

i think that before they bothered in changing english around they should have looked at the length of some of the existing exams. You know?

English and Business at least could do with a 25 extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya,I agree.I finished but my writing is horrible and it got preety bad today with 2 long exams and my hand was in so much pain.I knew all the answers but my writing could cost me in pretty much every subject

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

I got everything done an did an extra question...............must be all the speed writing history has forced me to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nerd3000

If you went in with a plan i.e Short Quests, 3 Long quests, ABQ, 1 more long quest..then maybe ye woulldn't be giving out about an exam very do- able in 3 hours..I even had half an hour to spare..
    to quote Ava...Banking on my A1...

nerd3000 wrote: »
    If you went in with a plan i.e Short Quests, 3 Long quests, ABQ, 1 more long quest..then maybe ye woulldn't be giving out about an exam very do- able in 3 hours..I even had half an hour to spare..
    to quote Ava...Banking on my A1...

yah but i wouldnt have finished a whole question then like...! i had all that planned out,40 mins abq,etc but there was no way id have said all i needed to in such a short time space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Poxy paper.

More so in terms of time than anything else!

The short questions were perhaps the worst in recent years, anyone agree?

I'm not a super-stressed student, not needing a lot of points, but i seen some unhappy faces after business. Long questions were fine, better than normal....
    just time + short questions= not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

I really liked the short questions..Didnt think they were too hard

• Advertisement

Sound exam!! A1 is right Nerd3000!!! :D

ahhh.. I hate when people complain about the time..

We have plenty of time.. it's how you spend it that matters..

Now shut up and stop complaining about time that you wasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Poxy paper.

More so in terms of time than anything else!

The short questions were perhaps the worst in recent years, anyone agree?

I'm not a super-stressed student, not needing a lot of points, but i seen some unhappy faces after business. Long questions were fine, better than normal....

I agree the Short questions were ridiculous.It was either question 7 or 8,but it should have been two questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭louise-x

PrivateEye wrote: »

totally agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Calorimeterman

I went in with a time plan, because I think fast, but write slow.

Short qs- 15 mins
    Long qs- 30 mins each
    ABQ- 45 mins

I stuck rigidly to it, I hoped to get the break even analysis done in 5 mins, but I got it wrong first time and ended up with no profit... :(

Still got it finished though!!! High b, low a I would guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

grand exam i did 1267 in the long q's not too bad. i only want to pass higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

The time wasn't bad at all. I even finished with 10 minutes to spare, I think my hand needed to get out of the exam early for some fresh air :p

It depends on how you write, my writing wasn't neat by any standard, but I did points first, and then elaborated them with about 3 sentences. Was a great idea planning wise.

I did 1, 2, 5, and 6 in the long questions. ABQ was nice as were the SQ's.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

BUSINESS PAPER HONOURS TIMING = UNFAIR

there was not enough time at all !!!

for the ABQ, it's recommended 36mins
    After 45mins i was HALF WAY THROUGH!!

had to rush my way through all the long question,
    couldn't write enough points or EXAMPLES to get full marks!

I'm so mad, cause i knew the stuff too,
    but i hadn't time to write the quality and the quantity!!!

i can kiss goodbye to that A, or high B mark
    i was wishing for!!!

:(

something should REALLY be done with the marking of it,
    was so so unfair *tear*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

they'll end up with a stack of 80something% completed papers :pac:

So less work for them :pac:

So somebody wins.

laura* wrote: »

^^^

heehee i hope blogwatch are watching!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mr. Blah

I must agree that the timing is horrible but I managed to answer enough questions (in pre I had three part C's unanswered :o so I'm happy about today anyway :P)
    ABQ was nice and long questions were grand. Short questions were annoying but meh :D

Surprised I can type since I can't feel my hand xD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

I personally thought that the time was fine. I had 10 mins to spare at the end to look over my paper, I was delighted with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

Really - come on you lot.

Today I had to learn 10 chapters - but do you know what I did first? The most important thing - My timetable for the exam . . . Christ is it not obvious - with such minute ('scuse the pun) details that Business needs a bit of time management?

You were the same with Geography - Just remember this for Biology etc.

i was wishing for!!!

was so so unfair *tear*

Its not unfair.

That's just INCREDIBLY bad timing on your part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

It was a nice paper. However, I'm slightly pissed off.

Short questions were OK, a little bit tricky.

ABQ was sweet.

But I ****ed up on the long questions. I did 4 questions. They were generally well answered. I started off with Q5 about the HR Management which I knew would be my strongest answer, then went to Q3. Then I did Q1. My timing was a little arseways and was in a rush so answered Q2, not thinking you could only do 1 from Part 1 and 2 from Part 2. :mad: What do you think will happen? I'm really annoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

i feel the same as the majority of people here:

*knew the questions
    *didn't have enough time to ans the questions properly
    (although i tried the right amount)
    *its not a 'who can write faster contest'
    *OW MY HAND too! :(

hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

I only did one in part 2 though. Answered all in section 1. I feel like a complete arse:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Boo hoo

I got it done with 5 minutes to go.

Hah, nah I know how it feels I was writing to the very last second in the mocks and had to seriously cut down on my answers in the last 20 minutes.

But I did fine today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Sound exam!! A1 is right Nerd3000!!! :D

ahhh.. I hate when people complain about the time..

We have plenty of time.. it's how you spend it that matters..

Now shut up and stop complaining about time that you wasted!

Thats unfair. You obviously are able to write quite fast. That does not mean you know more than me and deserve a higher grade. Writing fast is not a business skill. I spent the entire exam writing NON STOP. Did I "waste" my time? No. I found it hard to get everything down in the time we had.

It wasnt a case of time managment either. I stuck rigidly to the following plan:

SQ: 20 min
    ABQ: 40 min
    LQ: 25 min each

Oh well, Its over now! Only two left!

Thats unfair. You obviously are able to write quite fast. That does not mean you know more than me and deserve a higher grade. Writing fast is not a business skill. I spent the entire exam writing NON STOP. Did I "waste" my time? No. I found it hard to get everything down in the time we had.

It wasnt a case of time managment either. I stuck rigidly to the following plan:

SQ: 20 min
    ABQ: 40 min
    LQ: 25 min each

Oh well, Its over now! Only two left!

just means we know too much i guess!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cumonunited

i was wishing for!!!

was so so unfair *tear*

exact same as you....i was ages doin d abq and hardly gave any examples either....id say i onli got a c3 or c2:mad::mad:

Advertisement