Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business!!!!!!:mad:

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mebabyme

timing was an issue for me too . . luckinly i only missed out on a 20 marker . . .i even knew the answer :( bummer

nailed the BEP so at least that 30 marks hahaha

got 94 in mocks but that was more like a high c low b :(

That does not mean you know more than me and deserve a higher grade.

Did I say I did?

Jeeeze...

(But, I probably will anyway! :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x-katz-x

Miraculously my timing wasnt a problem this time, I planned to spend 20 mins on sq's, 40 on ABQ nd 30 each on long q's. On a couple of them i went 5 mins over bt i just wrote like crazy and mananged to get back on track soon enough. My hand is killing me now tho! Im hopin for mayb a an a2/b1..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Boink08

Everyone I talked to seemed dissatisfied with the paper (including myself). Hopefully the average will be bad so they will be marking it easy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭blue_belle

yeah...
    like in the mocks i got everything done without getting frazzeled by lack of time. how come it wasnt the same today??? WTF?

was goin mental trying to write stuff down. even thinkin about it makes me feel exhausted! probably should go to bed but have to revise for french and watch greys anatomy! but im gettin that pannel thing taped, i wont wake up tomorrow if i stay up for it.

anyway, yeah i think it was the questions they required a lot of writing and thinking which eats up a lot of time. sure its over now.

no point worrying about it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 The Hitman

I just learned from the mocks cos I ran out of time then. After that I just kept practising past exam questions and timing myself and thankfully that helped me get it done in time today.
    As for the paper: The shorts were defo harder than previous years but do-able.
    ABQ was lovely. Wrote 7 feckin pages though!
    I did 2,3,6 and 7 in the longs and they were fine.
    Hopefully I got at least a b2 cos I only took on business this year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Seven for the ABQ? I did like six in total- extreme bullet pointing! I thought it was a grand paper really. The two part short questions were a bit weird though. I questions one, two, five and six.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 poppylove

i really liked the ABQ was able to get it done in 30mins. bt yeah 10 mins @ the end wudnt of gone astray, i didnt get to check 1 answer bt got it all done...my arm was just about to fall off @ the end though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 crammer123

MaltEagle wrote: »
    It was a nice paper. However, I'm slightly pissed off.

Short questions were OK, a little bit tricky.

ABQ was sweet.

But I ****ed up on the long questions. I did 4 questions. They were generally well answered. I started off with Q5 about the HR Management which I knew would be my strongest answer, then went to Q3. Then I did Q1. My timing was a little arseways and was in a rush so answered Q2, not thinking you could only do 1 from Part 1 and 2 from Part 2. :mad: What do you think will happen? I'm really annoyed!
    u can do two questions from part one as long as you do two from part two aswel so thats fine!! :D

the short qs were so easy and i managed to get finished on time...really happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Im a very fast writer so I've never ran out of time.

Even still being a very fast writer I only finished with 4mins to go so god help any slow writers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 poppylove

MaltEagle wrote: »
    It was a nice paper. However, I'm slightly pissed off.

Short questions were OK, a little bit tricky.

ABQ was sweet.

But I ****ed up on the long questions. I did 4 questions. They were generally well answered. I started off with Q5 about the HR Management which I knew would be my strongest answer, then went to Q3. Then I did Q1. My timing was a little arseways and was in a rush so answered Q2, not thinking you could only do 1 from Part 1 and 2 from Part 2. :mad: What do you think will happen? I'm really annoyed!

no...u can do 2 from part 1 nd 2 from part 2 or 1 frm part 1 and 3 from part2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 manu1999/2008

I thought the Business was lovely!!!
    you nearly couldn't ask for better in the long question and i got 5 done for sure!!
    lovely abq to!
    short questions where a bit hard though compared to recent years but still got them out!!!
    i can't see how you where stuck for time i got the extra question done and had 10 mins to spare!!
    my hand was tired after though as i nearly finished that answer book!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭cartman444

Sound exam!! A1 is right Nerd3000!!! :D

ahhh.. I hate when people complain about the time..

We have plenty of time.. it's how you spend it that matters..

Now shut up and stop complaining about time that you wasted!

ah here i id hardly call writing me answers as fast as I possibly could wasting time!!! I didnt even take my hand of my pen once!! even if i had the answers written in front of me i still wouldnt get it all done!!! ,maybe your just a very fast writer!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭HELLO132

I feel exactly the same way the time given is ridiculous! :mad:
    4 LONG QUESTIONS IS TOO MUCH, 3 is enough,my hand had to be surgically removed from my hand afterwards with all the sweat on it. It was a traumatic experience

I couldn't believe it, i planned to have the ABQ and short questions done by 3:20 but i didn't finish until 3:50
    Had an hour to do the 4 long questions!!,didn't have time to think about the questions i just wrote a load of crap and didn't even finish two sub-questions.
    The worst thing is i knew so much and i could have easily got a B(if i had a bit more time) but now i'll be glad to get a D. I'm so dissapointed as Business was my strongest subject and i put so much effort into it, if i'd just managed my time better. I think i'll have nightmares about it, my handwriting went totaly out the window for the last hour

There is just too much writing involved in H.L Business, surely 3 questions should be enough for the long questions why do they make us do 4? , its horrible. No other subject is so time constrained. I'm suprised i didn't have a panic attack. Thankfully i did well in the ABQ and short questions and that should pull me through to a pass at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 AlihandroHayes

Yeah i was really pushed for time at the end... probably down to the 15 mins i spent starin at my graph paper trying to remember how to find a break even point!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

i had time in the mocks!

but this paper took age!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 drunknmunky_69

i thought it was a fine paper. short questions were a b%&*h though.
    Otherwise the abq was soft and long question lovely.Q7 was too easy.
    I was annoyed coz i chanced equality act coming up and they put up sale of goods act instead.I knew it but hadnt revised it so i just did 2 and 3 istead.
    I wrote way too much for part 1 of the ABQ.Wasnt sure how to narrow it down so ended up writing out a long enough marketting mix.
    My hand was in pain for hours afterwards.Thank god i dont do french :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

you prob ran outta time coz u wer writing essays...they dont want that..they wont clear concise answers:D

i ran outta time in mock but stuck to timin i set myself yesterday:)
    once i went over time,i left it n moved on then went back ended up answer a part a of a question in the last 5mins but stil had time to have quick glance through:D

im happy with it...was a nice paper:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

HELLO132 wrote: »
    I feel exactly the same way the time given is ridiculous! :mad:
    4 LONG QUESTIONS IS TOO MUCH, 3 is enough,my hand had to be surgically removed from my hand afterwards with all the sweat on it. It was a traumatic experience

I couldn't believe it, i planned to have the ABQ and short questions done by 3:20 but i didn't finish until 3:50
    Had an hour to do the 4 long questions!!,didn't have time to think about the questions i just wrote a load of crap and didn't even finish two sub-questions.
    The worst thing is i knew so much and i could have easily got a B(if i had a bit more time) but now i'll be glad to get a D. I'm so dissapointed as Business was my strongest subject and i put so much effort into it, if i'd just managed my time better. I think i'll have nightmares about it, my handwriting went totaly out the window for the last hour

There is just too much writing involved in H.L Business, surely 3 questions should be enough for the long questions why do they make us do 4? , its horrible. No other subject is so time constrained. I'm suprised i didn't have a panic attack. Thankfully i did well in the ABQ and short questions and that should pull me through to a pass at least

u were plannin 2 spend 2 much time on sq and abq thats why u didn get it finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 tute08

:mad:Its so ****ing cruel.....:mad: I'm an A student, had my question times all organised before i went in! I had made a graph mistake on the break even chart and had to redo it, that took me about 7 minutes extra and couldnt do my final long question as a result!!! Was totally devastated last night :(. I'm only doing six subjects and need an A in all of them, chances are now i wont get my first choice...... my only choice! People who say they had loads of time obviously didnt put down the detail required!!!

• Advertisement

tute08 wrote: »
    :mad:Its so ****ing cruel.....:mad: I'm an A student, had my question times all organised before i went in! I had made a graph mistake on the break even chart and had to redo it, that took me about 7 minutes extra and couldnt do my final long question as a result!!! Was totally devastated last night :(. I'm only doing six subjects and need an A in all of them, chances are now i wont get my first choice...... my only choice! People who say they had loads of time obviously didnt put down the detail required!!!

couldnt agree more its actually the only exam where if you know everything you wont get a A!!! i knew all the answers to the q's but the time is ridiculous. I had 5 mins for my last 60mark long q!!!

cartman444 wrote: »
    maybe your just a very fast writer!!!!

Yes.. I am just incredibly talented.

I had 5 mins for my last 60mark long q!!!

5 minutes?

Nice one.

Yes.. I am just incredibly talented.

dont be so modest jeeeze....:rolleyes:
    ur nt dat gud....

couldnt agree more its actually the only exam where if you know everything you wont get a A!!! i knew all the answers to the q's but the time is ridiculous. I had 5 mins for my last 60mark long q!!!

I think Gerry Ryan needs a phone call :cool:
    I'm so upset over it too!
    i know my points won't be enough now for MY ONLY COURSE!

laura* wrote: »

I think Gerry Ryan needs a phone call :cool:
    I'm so upset over it too!
    i know my points won't be enough now for MY ONLY COURSE!

+1....is there actually a reason for having a stupid time limit apart from favouring the people who can write 50 words per second!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 *pda

that was a class paper!! went a lot better than I was expecting. time was a bit tight, just finished with about 10 minutes to spare but taking 45minutes to get halfway through the ABQ is ridiculous!!! it was doable within th time but you do have to be a fairly fast writer I spose..

*pda wrote: »
    that was a class paper!! went a lot better than I was expecting. time was a bit tight, just finished with about 10 minutes to spare but taking 45minutes to get halfway through the ABQ is ridiculous!!! it was doable within th time but you do have to be a fairly fast writer I spose..

Yes.. and talented like me.

Right cartman? :p
    +1....is there actually a reason for having a stupid time limit apart from favouring the people who can write 50 words per second!!!

Try 200 a second.

Oh yah.. in your face!

Yes.. and talented like me.

Right cartman? :p

Try 200 a second.

Oh yah.. in your face!

yes i agree you are so talented!!!

p.s by talent I actually meant arrogant/cocky.......:p

• Advertisement

lol,
    i probably will call in to THE RYAN SHOW next week when i'm finished!
    ye guys better write in and agree with me!

we can and will do something about it :D
    yes, im actually going to be the president of ireland some day too!

Advertisement