Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rath Boarding Kennel Garristown

• 10-06-2008 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi just wondering has anybody any comments about this place?? Rath Boarding kennels in Garristown as i have booked my dog in here. he has never been to a kennels before so should be interesting.....

any info would be helpful, thanks!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

eclancy wrote: »
    hi just wondering has anybody any comments about this place?? Rath Boarding kennels in Garristown as i have booked my dog in here. he has never been to a kennels before so should be interesting.....

Dunno if you've seen it but they've a website at:

www.bestkennels.ie

Looks good from the website, i plan on using them in a few weeks so would also be interested to hear from others who may have used them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eclancy

im not sure they are the same as i know i rang best kennels and the owner Declan was extremely rude to me, but the Rath kennels are run by a guy called Teddy. they also have a website but i cannot find the site address at the moment. there website was also not working properly so i couldnt get past the home page to view the kennels. that was why i wanted to hear other peoples opinions.

in relation to best kennels my sister in law also rang them for me to see if they had spaces for the dog and she got the same responses from the owner who was very rude and unhelpful to her and he actually hung up on us both which i personally dont think is very good business manner!!! so basically im glad im not sending my dog there!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Can't help you with Rath Kennels, but I have used The Deutsche Kennels in Garristown before.

http://www.deutsche.ie/index.htm

Found them very good and professional. The owner is a bit eccentric, but you get used to that :)

They always seem to be busy too which is a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

im not sure they are the same as i know i rang best kennels and the owner Declan was extremely rude to me, but the Rath kennels are run by a guy called Teddy. they also have a website but i cannot find the site address at the moment. there website was also not working properly so i couldnt get past the home page to view the kennels. that was why i wanted to hear other peoples opinions.

in relation to best kennels my sister in law also rang them for me to see if they had spaces for the dog and she got the same responses from the owner who was very rude and unhelpful to her and he actually hung up on us both which i personally dont think is very good business manner!!! so basically im glad im not sending my dog there!!!

Hmmm they seem so nice on the website :confused::confused:

How many kennels are there out in Garristown ? Three or are there others i haven't found out about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 angieb

We've used Best Kennels a few times now and our dog will be going there for as long as they'll have her in the future. We had never used any kennels before so were a bit anxious about leaving her anywhere but we've no regrets at all, she's always really happy when we leave and collect her. I would have to say that both Declan and Mary have never been anything other than an absolute pleasure to deal with,would definitely recommend these kennels highly to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 hop

I recently went on a last minute hol and was stuck for a kennel for my dog and ended up with this place. Defo wouldn't recommend it. Very basic and dog was a bit iffy when I got her back. Also after driving up from the country he didn't want to let us pick the dog that evening - owner told my wife to f*** off on the phone. Drove up and got dog anyway - last time I'll be using that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BARNEYDUD

Have,nt used any of the boarding kennels in Garristown. Heard they are quite large set-ups.
    We have used Happyhounds Boarding Kennels in Skryne.
    www.happyhounds.ie
    Kay and Karen are both very freindly and very flexible. Small set-up, very personal and they love the dogs and give them a lot of personal attention.
    Need to book early though because they fill up very quickly.
    Wherever you go make sure you go for a look around first to satisfy yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭MissyN

I've spoken to a few people about Best Kennels and they are supposed to be great. I just think Declan isn't great with queries but is wonderful with dogs and any dog in their care would be well looked after. I will definitely use them in the future.

I've booked my dog into All Paws for a few nites and would be interested to hear if anyone else has used them before and what were they like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pet lover

as below the Happy hound in navan seem very good, but dont confuse them with the happy hound and purrfect puss in cavan as this place is dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Carol555

Can’t recommend Best Kennels unfortunately. Left my dog there twice after reading people’s opinions here and can only confirm that Declan’s business manners leave a lot to wish for.

That’s not a major problem though. More importantly my dog came back very high-strung towards other dogs and leash sensitive. On the first walk after collecting him, I just could not believe it’s the same dog. Since pup he was really nice & calm with other dogs, we put a lot of effort, time and money to socialize him well. His trainer was quite surprised to see such a sudden change also.
    I could add some more comments on the 'Best Kennels quality of service' as the above is just the tip of the iceberg.

We changed kennel to www.bellewstownkennels.com and I can’t recommend them enough. Nice small kennel, friendly, very professional people, cheaper rates and my dog comes back from their place relaxed and happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭petergfiffin

brettmirl wrote: »
    Can't help you with Rath Kennels, but I have used The Deutsche Kennels in Garristown before.

http://www.deutsche.ie/index.htm

Found them very good and professional. The owner is a bit eccentric, but you get used to that :)

They always seem to be busy too which is a good sign.

Have used them too and would second that (the professional and eccentric bit!), we used them based on a recommendation from a friend who couldn't recommend them highly enough, I'd happily recommend them to anybody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NightSweetie

I would not recommend this kennel at all. I had never left my dog into a kennel before but a friend told me of this one. She also said that the male owner was not a "people person", it seems that most people have found that out on here!

I copied the map and directions down from Best Kennels website and drove over the day before the date I was to leave my dog in, as I didnt know the area well and thought it best not to get lost on the day (as they have very limited drop off and pick up times). The roads around Garretstown are very rural and with little to no sign's. After reviewing the map and directions from the Best Kennels website (which are very basic and of no real help) I decided to pull into a church, next to a pub, in Garretstown. I rang the male owner of the kennel and explained that I was just near by but unable to find them and could he help? I gave the name of the pub I was next to and also said it was next to a church. The male owner then laughed at me over the phone and said "sure that could be any church". It was clear from his tone he would not be willing to help so I said ok, I will keep driving and try to find him. After about another 20 minutes of driving through endless country roads, asking random people if they knew where Best Kennels was (all saying no) I had little choice but to ring again. I spoke to the male owner again and apologized for having to ask him again for directions. He was very dismissive to me and laughed. He refused to give any directions what so ever and said I should drive back to my home (many many miles away) and look at his website again more carefully for directions.

I knew then that any person that spoke to a customer like this, was never going to be allowed to care for any pet of mine. People might say he is not a "people person" but the fact is, if he care so little for his customers, think of how little he would care if you had an issue with the care of your pet. AVOID AT ALL COST.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Please don't resurrect 4 year old threads.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement