Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, Move Tipperary out of Mid West and into South East

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tell the good folk of Clonmel they are in the midlands?

South Tipp is Sunny south east, hell anyone who drives from west to east can tell just by the weather - as you get beyond Tipp town the skies start to clear on a showery day and by the time you get to Waterford/New Ross its completely dry.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Maybe the weather improves but you still have to drive through another county to get to a beach. ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Dades wrote: »
    Maybe the weather improves but you still have to drive through another county to get to a beach. ;)

You have to in Kilkenny too but Kilkenny is still considered the sunny south east....generally gets the best weather during the summer each year (warmest).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Midlands too, tbh.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Midlands too, tbh.

Nah Kilkenny is classed as sunny south east ask the tourist board....Tipp however is from the deep dark Midlands :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Midlands too, tbh.
    Kinda like those street signs in Dublin that just point to "The West" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Dub13 wrote: »
    Parts of Tip are as far west as Cork City.

And parts of Tipp are as far south east as North Waterford*. I don't see what harm it can do just changing it to Munster, Leinster etc. At least that way there can be no debate about what part should be in what region.

*no i dont mean Kilkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Lol at every suggestion here. This is funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Perhaps Tipp needs to be in a category all on it's own, since they can't seem to agree on where the hell they are. The category could be called "Special".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

The issue arises because the Irish Tourist Board puts South Tipp in the South East category. Also most major towns in South Tipp are on the border with Waterford rather than in the centre of the county.

Clearly Carrick On Suir is not Mid West, it is east of South Central. On the other hand the major towns in North Tipp are closer to Limerick.

In fact, Tipperary is not really an obvious county. Were we to start from scratch would we call it one county? Southern Tipperary is closer to Kilkenny and Wateford - people from Clonmel would shop in either, and Clonmel and Carrick on Suir are the major centres for Northern Waterford - mostly the underpopulated mountainy bits.

In fact both towns have urban extensions into Waterford.

On the other hand there are certainly people from Roscrea who have never been to Clonmel and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Indeed, I'm sure this is why it got split into two Ridings, south and north have little in common (except along the border ironicly enough).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

indeed. i was having a debate with a friend who has never been here and she was befuddled about the north tipp south tipp thingy. i explained how its a good hours drive from roscrea to clonmel (never even mentioned carrick to borrisokane ha ha ha) and the people are different and all.

i think "special" along with Cork would be good....

Advertisement