Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweden-Greece

• 10-06-2008 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a thread yet?

I expect a turgid, sterile affair.

Draw, or Sweden to win 1-0. But I'll go with Draw.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I'm probably going to miss some of this match.....watching all these matches really takes up the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm deffo missing this one, Boardeaux playing this evening.

I'm glad I'm missing Greece tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

It'll be hard to beat the Spain/Russia game. But I'll go with a 1-1 draw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I think Sweden 2-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

First match this tournament I'm not going to watch. I predict a 1-0 win for Sweden, or a draw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Nah Greece are better than Sweden.

2-1 to Greece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

1-0 sweden for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Come on brothers!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

/awaits borefest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Im backing this for game of the tournament so far.

• Advertisement

I dont think this game will be boring,Russia lost so they know winner of this game will be main candidate to go through with Spain,i expect good match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sweden 3-0

Henke hat-trick

I think its going to be hard they even win this and not to talk about they will win with 3-0....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Greece: Nikopolidis, Seitaridis, Kyrgiakos, Antzas, Dellas, Torosidis, Charisteas, Basinas, Katsouranis, Karagounis, Gekas.

Sweden: Isaksson, Alexandersson, Mellberg, Hansson, Nilsson, Wilhelmsson, Svensson, Ljungberg, Andersson, Ibrahimovic, Henrik Larsson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

TEAM NEWS Greece v Sweden
    Greece: Nikopolidis, Seitaridis, Kyrgiakos, Antzas, Dellas, Torosidis, Charisteas, Basinas, Katsouranis, Karagounis, Gekas.

Sweden: Isaksson, Alexandersson, Mellberg, Hansson, Nilsson, Wilhelmsson, Svensson, Ljungberg, Andersson, Ibrahimovic, Henrik Larsson.

1-0 to Sweden

Can see this being a poor game due to the Greeks

I think they promissing some good football tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

No Kallstrom :(

Stupid FF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Got my free Henrik teeshirt today so backing Sweden to win and outright each-way @ 50/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Meh. Come on Sverige.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Zzzzzzzzzz.

Mike.

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    Got my free Henrik teeshirt today so backing Sweden to win and outright each-way @ 50/1

Is that from web page someone posted here?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I have always liked the Swedes, think they will nick this one by 2-1. I don't think this will be a borefest. Winner of this game will go through imo.

Heja sverige!!

Decent chance there for Sweden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

after 10 minutes i had enough. bit of a snorefest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm actually enjoying this match. It's lively enough and i can see a goal or two in it, although in saying that, i've got twenty euro on a one nil win to Greece so not too many please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

George Clooney appears to be in goal for Greece. Perhaps he's researching a new role.

From BBc sport

Another good chance for the turnips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Has the TV signal gone for anyone else?

I'm just on the rabbit ears but I still have RTE 1. Any other north-western people with the same story?

I've been extremely impressed with the Greeks. Everyone accuses them of unattractive football, but just there they put together about 57 passes between the three centre backs before knocking it back to their keeper. The Swedes couldn't even touch them. Pure quality football, this is why they're champions of Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

0-0 HT, boring game, few half chances, Greece passing it around at the back without a care in the world.

This is why I hate the Greeks. They play non-football. It is the dullest thing to watch and ruins it for everyone else. I wasn't mad about the Swedes prior to this but now I couldn't be more involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Tis a decent game but it aint exactly setting the world alight

Bit spoiledby the five goals in the previous game

Tom65 wrote: »
    This is why I hate the Greeks. They play non-football. It is the dullest thing to watch and ruins it for everyone else. I wasn't mad about the Swedes prior to this but now I couldn't be more involved.

Meh!

You play to your strengths in football, its about getting results first and foremost.

If the Greeks get something out of this then they deserve every bit of it, Sweden knew how it was gonna be so its up to them to break them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

That has to be a contender for the worse 45 mins of the year. The Greeks don't look interested at all. zzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement

Not so boring game,although Greece a bit doing this passing thing way too much,but hey they know how to win euro so thats winning strategy:D
    Nice game only missing goals but definitly not boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It hasn't been that bad but I think a 10 second rule similar to that of basketball shoul be introduced to stop the Greek defensive triangle

monkey9 wrote: »
    i've Been Extremely Impressed With The Greeks. Everyone Accuses Them Of Unattractive Football, But Just There They Put Together About 57 Passes Between The Three Centre Backs Before Knocking It Back To Their Keeper. The Swedes Couldn't Even Touch Them. Pure Quality Football, This Is Why They're Champions Of Europe.
    They're quality. :D

Eirebear wrote: »
    Meh!

You play to your strengths in football, its about getting results first and foremost.

If the Greeks get something out of this then they deserve every bit of it, Sweden knew how it was gonna be so its up to them to break them down.

Whatever happened to football not being all about winning? :p

Souness just put it well there when he said that they're parasites, using other team's mistakes without creating anything themselves.

As a neutral, the majority of the time I'm going to go for the team which entertains me the most. That team is not Greece.

I think Greece should keep passing next 45min and get a draw,fair enough:D

• Advertisement

Greece are doing the Jack Charlton & Ill Trap approach.

Its games like this that a moment of class seperates the sides, here's hoping ZI will follow up on his header earlier.

a friend has ZI in his Euro 2008 dream team, madman!

Bubs101 wrote: »
    It hasn't been that bad but I think a 10 second rule similar to that of basketball shoul be introduced to stop the Greek defensive triangle

Thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard in my life.

If Greece want to play about with the ball in their own half then its up to the Swedes to put some pressure on them, not stand off them watching it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The Greeks are so infuriating, they play such terrible football. The passing among the centre backs is driving me crazy but to be fair the Swedes should be closing them down.

Have to say the Swedish fans are quality. An early Swedish goal could make for a better second half. Been unimpressed with Larson so far. Why isn't Kallstrom in the team?

Kingp35 wrote: »
    The Greeks are so infuriating, they play such terrible football. The passing among the centre backs is driving me crazy but to be fair the Swedes should be closing them down.

Have to say the Swedish fans are quality. An early Swedish goal could make for a better second half. Been unimpressed with Larson so far. Why isn't Kallstrom in the team?

They're not playing terrible football, they're just keeping possession until the Swedes break out of their half and then try and play a killer pass or get a free/corner kick and hopefully score a goal.

Its disciplined ugly football, but its effective goddammit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Eirebear wrote: »
    Thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard in my life.

If Greece want to play about with the ball in their own half then its up to the Swedes to put some pressure on them, not stand off them watching it.

Wasn't exactly 100% serious

The Greeks kind of remind me of Arsenal and Portugal. Playing absolute beautiful football at the back, but they seem to want to try and find the perfect backpass to the keeper. Really need to just get it back to him so he can boot up forward quicker.

Well when I say terrible I mean boring. No denying it's effective and you can't blame them from playing that way. Football is about winning at the end of the day. Not much fun for the viewer though.

Samaras on for second half.

Best chance yet. Needed a deft lob.

Tom65 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to football not being all about winning? :p

Souness just put it well there when he said that they're parasites, using other team's mistakes without creating anything themselves.

As a neutral, the majority of the time I'm going to go for the team which entertains me the most. That team is not Greece.

I know what your saying, but on the back of the season ive just enjoyed? endured? (im unsure of that one!) as a Rangers supporter, i watched the first half thinking that if only Rangers were as composed at the back as the Greeks are instead of 1 or 2 passes and then hump it up the pitch.

HAHA! **** you, Greece!

• Advertisement
Advertisement