Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweden-Greece

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sweden go 1 up, beautiful strike. Really took his chance well (Ibrahimovic).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Great finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Get In!!!! Pick that one out Ronnie Whelan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Great goal

now **** off greece out of this tournament

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,346 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The first time Larsson & Ibrahimovic link up and Ibrahimovic scores a stunner :)

Great to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What a goal!

From now on, any predictions or opinions that the RTE lads have, i'm gonna put money on the opposite! They just seem to get everything wrong....even when i think they're right

And 2-0. Greeks are shafted now.

**** it, Im on the bandwagon. Nationalism ftw. Come on Sweden! Now to find cheap flights to Austria/Switzerland.

Eirebear wrote: »
    I know what your saying, but on the back of the season ive just enjoyed? endured? (im unsure of that one!) as a Rangers supporter, i watched the first half thinking that if only Rangers were as composed at the back as the Greeks are instead of 1 or 2 passes and then hump it up the pitch.

You're a Rangers fan?? I always thought you were Celtic, esp regarding your name for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hah, bye bye Greece. Sweden 2 goals up. Fumbled it in there (Hansson). :)

Typical Swedish parasites. Just waiting around for the Greeks to make a mistake with their passing game at the back......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Damn, missed the first goal but flicked back just in time to see the second shambolic goal

:eek:

DCC160 wrote: »
    Damn, missed the first goal but flicked back just in time to see the second shambolic goal

:eek:

Nothing shambolic about the first one though, wait til you see it. Pure quality!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Has the TV signal gone for anyone else?

I'm just on the rabbit ears but I still have RTE 1. Any other north-western people with the same story?
    Yeah it went for a wee while there alright but back now. I was watching it and listening to 5Live on the dish. ITV1 picture was out of sync but RTÉ2's is purrfect! :D

A shot of 3 stunners in the crowd. Best bit of action so far.

• Advertisement

Holy ****, did you a glimpse of the three Swedish women in the crowd shot?? So stereotypically beautiful. "So that's why they call it the beautiful game!!!"

Sherifu wrote: »

Ha Ha!! Touche!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

monkey9 wrote: »
    You're a Rangers fan?? I always thought you were Celtic, esp regarding your name for some reason

:eek: How very dare you sir!? :D

Deserved win for Sweden there, looks like my comment about greek composure in the first half kinda jinxed it!

Good to see Kyrgiakos hasnt changed much since his Rangers days either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Sherifu wrote: »

totally....cant believe it took the camera men 80mins or so to start showing the real action :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Melion wrote: »
    I think Sweden 2-0

Thank you and good night

• Advertisement

They showed them again in the closing credits. Phoar, more please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Deserved win for Sweden,they showed some nice football tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Am I the only one who loved Greece's passing at the back?

****ing quality.

Really liked that match for some reason....two uplifting matches today, and Zlatan......what a ****ing goal.

Am I the only one who loved Greece's passing at the back?

****ing quality.

Really liked that match for some reason....two uplifting matches today, and Zlatan......what a ****ing goal.

I think you'll find if you read back that i pretty much rate them alongside the 1970 Brazil World Cup winnging side!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just saw Ibra's strike there. Goal of the tournament so far. I knew Isaksson would keep me a clean sheet :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I thought that was a terrible game personally. Both teams didn't look too bothered for long stretches of the match. Even though he scored a cracking goal, I'm still not convinced Ibrahimovic is much good. I think I've seen him be completely anonymous at club level too often :).

I'm glad the Greeks lost. Their dull, negative football was bringing back bad memories of Euro 2004. Hopefully the Russians will hammer them on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

malice_ wrote: »
    I thought that was a terrible game personally. Both teams didn't look too bothered for long stretches of the match. Even though he scored a cracking goal, I'm still not convinced Ibrahimovic is much good. I think I've seen him be completely anonymous at club level too often :).
    Was Dunphy on RTE last night? What side of the fence does he sit on regarding Ibrahimovic now? Seen as he switched a few times in the Champions League game V Liverpool!

He stayed on the fence, slightly saying he wasnt up to it - I think his words of wisdom were "if he cant do it with some of the best players in the world around him at Inter he cant do it for Sweden" They left it for Ronnie Whelan to slate him - Ronnie had seen him play twice against Liverpool coupled with the fact that he hadnt scored an international goal since 2005 was enough to write him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

bohsman wrote: »
    Ronnie had seen him play twice against Liverpool
    That what pretty much what I was basing my assessment on as well although I was also including his performance for Juventus v Liverpool in the Champions League in 2005. Ronnie Whelan might not be able to remember back that far :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just saw Ibra's strike there. Goal of the tournament so far.

Anyone have a link to it, Missed this game and can't find a clip of the goal anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

gucci wrote: »
    Was Dunphy on RTE last night? What side of the fence does he sit on regarding Ibrahimovic now? Seen as he switched a few times in the Champions League game V Liverpool!

In fairness he wasn't fully fit, Dunphy talked up the Geeks a lot before the game saying they were a proper side and deserved winners of Euro 2004. To borrow a GAA term they played 'puke' football and was delighted to see them beaten, the Swedes got there tactics spot on which meant that the Geeks hadn't a clue what to do when the Swedes didn't pressure there back 4 who seemed content on passing it amongst themselves for long periods before hoofing it into touch, once Sweden scored the Geeks had no plan B hopefully that will be the end of them.

Advertisement