Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any options for failed maths?

Options
  • 10-06-2008 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Ok so my friend and I think we have failed maths and im just wondering are there any options left besides repeat? Are there any colleges that offer a maths entry exam even if only for certain courses? I originally wanted to do nursing but id do anything if i didnt have to repeat.

Comments

I think Maynooth and a few others do entry courses. But in reality, it's one of those tree-falling-in-the-woods things. You won't know you've failed until the middle of August, so right now you haven't failed. Hell, your papers more than likely aren't even being marked yet. So relax, and get the rest of the exams out of the way, and then if you're still convinced you've failed go ahead and investigate further options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭luke999

Well thanks and all but i have all my major exams out of the way so im starting to do something about it now, i emailed a few colleges. Only got an email back from CIT tho and they dont offer any. Im gonna check out the courses in maynooth now tho, thanks for that!

Ok scratch that.. they dont offer much..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

afaik - some NUI colleges allow an E in higher level maths if you have three C3s or higher in certain subjects (I can't recal the exacts) but I'd ask about it

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

Apparently, DKIT does an enabling maths course around the end of August for people who want to do a level 6/7 and failed maths. Don't know if that's any help to you though.

• Advertisement

every tiny bit of info is a huge help. thanks a mill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Be optimistic. No matter how much you think about it, August is still two months away and no amount of self-disbelief will change your grade. Wait til then to make decisions. Best of luck otherwise, I'm sure theres plenty of collages that you dont need maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

someone defo told me the other day that arts in UCC will take ya... im kinda in the same boat so i hope its true..fingers crossed i passed but if not i have that course down anyway so...!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EmmetF

luke999 wrote: »
    every tiny bit of info is a huge help. thanks a mill!
    Luke. I am your father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Turquoise

I'm almost 100% certain you can do Arts in UCD if you fail maths. It's going down the bottom of my CAO just in case!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Myth wrote: »
    I think Maynooth and a few others do entry courses. But in reality, it's one of those tree-falling-in-the-woods things. You won't know you've failed until the middle of August, so right now you haven't failed. Hell, your papers more than likely aren't even being marked yet. So relax, and get the rest of the exams out of the way, and then if you're still convinced you've failed go ahead and investigate further options.

The CAO needs to be filled out before then, so it's certainly worth putting something down there just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 NanoZoom555

you can definitly do arts in nuig if you fail maths,i know someone who did that last year.not sure about other colleges tho.

Are there any colleges that offer an entry exam does any1 know? ok i think its time i emailed qualifax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 drunknmunky_69

a lot of colleges will accept falied maths. Nuig will take you on their arts degree without maths.Think its only important for engineering and that.Not sure about nursing though sorry

isnt arts a dead end kinda course tho, if u dont wanna do teaching or that?

Advertisement