Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Unofficial Boards.ie Lisbon Debate Awards

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Scofflaw and Sink had lovely posts begorra.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Rb wrote: »
    I have to say fair play to JohnnyQ, definitely the best voice on the No side overall.

It was Democrates for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I haven't said anything on this thread because (a) I'm blushing, and (b) I genuinely would like to thank everybody for making the debates here both intense and interesting. The point has been made before that the level of debate here far outstripped the level of debate in the media - and for that I think both the posters and the mods deserve congratulations.

On the No side I (particularly) thought both Democrates and Turgon were excellent posters.

very cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Scofflaw wrote: »
    I haven't said anything on this thread because (a) I'm blushing, and (b) I genuinely would like to thank everybody for making the debates here both intense and interesting. The point has been made before that the level of debate here far outstripped the level of debate in the media - and for that I think both the posters and the mods deserve congratulations.

On the No side I (particularly) thought both Democrates and Turgon were excellent posters.

very cordially,
    Scofflaw

I created a separate post yday on the item in bold.

It got dumped out to sys/feedback or somthing like that:o

I think a great job was done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I would like to thank JohnnyQ for mentioning me, but in fairness I would say he deserves it more - there were definitely times I was in a hole and he pulled me out.

Now that the debate is over, I want to say thanks to all. I also want to apologize for my own posts where I was not altogether diplomatic (and where I was probably annoying). I'm sure I will tame with time!!

Contrats to the mods as well and to all the users, because I have no doubt that debate on boards was more productive that anywhere else (and Ive seen the sort of "debate" that goes on in a) The Forum on Europe and b) Poltics.ie).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Oh and special mentions to sink and to Scofflaw.

Advertisement