Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T80xr problem

Options
  • 10-06-2008 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hello all,

I had the someone install a Triton T80xr electric shower months ago but have yet to use it. The low pressure light illumunates when I switch it on. Now the guy connected it to the mains in the attic & im pretty sure he tried it on the pipe coming from the tank in the attic also. I can only assume he knows what he is doing because he installs electric showers all the time, ( he is a self-employed handyman). Anybody any solutions. Would a pump help and are they expensive.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Hello all,

I had the someone install a Triton T80xr electric shower months ago but have yet to use it. The low pressure light illumunates when I switch it on. Now the guy connected it to the mains in the attic & im pretty sure he tried it on the pipe coming from the tank in the attic also. I can only assume he knows what he is doing because he installs electric showers all the time, ( he is a self-employed handyman). Anybody any solutions. Would a pump help and are they expensive.

Cheers

If it has a low pressure light and that comes on when you try to use the shower, then I'd expect that it's a mains water unit as most electric showers are. Therefore it won't work from the tank in the roof. Fitting a pump to make a mains water unit work off a tank would be pointless, and even if you did you would then need an extra switch to turn the pump on when the shower was started. The shower control itself won't do that. You would also need to plumb the pump into the water supply to the shower, and so you might as well just connect it to the mains instead.

Advertisement