Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

nct expired

Options
  • 10-06-2008 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have my test in the morning and just realised the nct expired a few days ago. Could they refuse my test on these grounds?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

smoke wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have my test in the morning and just realised the nct expired a few days ago. Could they refuse my test on these grounds?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, Yes, the car must have a valid NCT. The test will not be conducted without one. They send you a sheet with requirements for the test where this should have been listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Gwenivere

Hey,

I went for my test last week with d same problem and he wouldn't let my do the test as a result, I lost d 38e and everything, had to just go home and reapply. SOOOO p****d off!!

If I were you I would try doing it in ur driving instructors car <SNIP>

Best of Luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭smoke

Thanks for the replies. This is terrible news for me as I have the test first thing tomorrow. I don't have an instructor but am confident of passing as I only did my last test a couple of months ago and only failed by one grade 2. Guess I'll have to get the old yellow pages out and hope for the best in terms of a car!

Can anyone suggest an instructor for Tyrellstown?

Thanks.

Let's try and keep things legal Gwenivere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Can you not borrow a car and transfer your insurance over the phone in the morning before the test??

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Can you not borrow a car and transfer your insurance over the phone in the morning before the test??

Cool, I'm gonna look into that now.

You must have your insurance disk on the day of the test, a certificate of insurance is not accepted. I think contacting a driving instructor ASAP is the only option.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You must have your insurance disk on the day of the test, a certificate of insurance is not accepted. I think contacting a driving instructor ASAP is the only option.

If you have an insurance disk in the window form the current owner then its okay.
    Even if you rent a car you will not have a disc with your name on it.
    When I done my test last week all they done was looked to make sure the disc was valid and nothing else.

If you have an insurance disk in the window form the current owner then its okay.
    Even if you rent a car you will not have a disc with your name on it.
    When I done my test last week all they done was looked to make sure the disc was valid and nothing else.

Ah yes, i just somehow got it into my head that you meant take out a whole new policy on another car, with the OP being the policy holder.... Becoming a named driver on a friends car could work. What time is the test OP?

Ah yes, i just somehow got it into my head that you meant take out a whole new policy on another car, with the OP being the policy holder.... Becoming a named driver on a friends car could work. What time is the test OP?

Sorry I should have been clearer.

OP, if you do transfer your insurance make sure its for about 4 hours to ensure you are covered to and from etc etc.

Alan.. I think tests start at 9.30 -10.00 so he should have time to ring the insurance company.

• Advertisement

Hey guys,
    I think I'm just gona risk my nct disk tomorrow. It says 04-06-08. Maybe they will miss the 04 as it is a smaller font but I suppose then again maybe not.

My dads car is having work done as luck would have it and I don't think its fair to ask a friend as my test is at 09:05 tomorrow.

Here's hoping the instructor needs reading glasses!

I feel like a tit.

Hey guys,
    I think I'm just gona risk my nct disk tomorrow. It says 04-06-08. Maybe they will miss the 04 as it is a smaller font but I suppose then again maybe not.

My dads car is having work done as luck would have it and I don't think its fair to ask a friend as my test is at 09:05 tomorrow.

Here's hoping the instructor needs reading glasses!

I feel like a tit.

Waiting times for test dates have dropped significantly so it might not be too bad reapplying.

Waiting times for test dates have dropped significantly so it might not be too bad reapplying.

Thanks, yeah I'm just annoyed with myself as I took a day and a half off work and the test is likely going to change in July. I was ready for this!

Thanks, yeah I'm just annoyed with myself as I took a day and a half off work and the test is likely going to change in July. I was ready for this!

I wouldn't take the risk as the NCT disc will be focused upon when they see the month as its a safety concern.

Get a loaner and ring insurance at 8.50 and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Much appreciated.

hi , for anyone interested on an update I was able to get through to my old instructor and he's gonna meet me in the morning to let me use his Micra for my test in Ballymun as he lives nearby!

Thanks again.

hi , for anyone interested on an update I was able to get through to my old instructor and he's gonna meet me in the morning to let me use his Micra for my test in Ballymun as he lives nearby!

Thanks again.

That's brilliant! Now best of luck tomorrow, just stay confident and you'll be grand!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

hope all went ok for you mate :) i have to hope my car passes its nct tonight as my test is on tuesday :|

splinter wrote: »
    hope all went ok for you mate :) i have to hope my car passes its nct tonight as my test is on tuesday :|

Hi, ye went really well, I passed! i hope your car passed. All the best to you too on Tuesday!

Hi, ye went really well, I passed! i hope your car passed. All the best to you too on Tuesday!

Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

yup, car passed my nct :) now roll on tuesday

Congrats!

Thanks man.

yup, car passed my nct :) now roll on tuesday

Good stuff. All the best with it.:)

Advertisement