Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAC's in both Republic and North

Options
  • 10-06-2008 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to have a full FAC in both places? I'd rather not have to get a visitor's permit every time I go up, especially for a shotgun, as it would just get awkward with getting sponsors each time. So is it possible to get a full one in each?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Is it possible to have a full FAC in both places? I'd rather not have to get a visitor's permit every time I go up, especially for a shotgun, as it would just get awkward with getting sponsors each time. So is it possible to get a full one in each?
    there was a time we could get a three permit but not any more , the visitors permit will only last as long ours till july31 st each year . .i have mine for rifles and shotguns but a friend has to apply for them for me each year and i have them for the year,, the rifles are are for passing through to scotland as i hunt there most years ..the shotgun as i shoot clays up there .
    the psni are very much on the ball not like our lot

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The permit lasts the full year if I get it? That's not so bad so. Just I have a summer home up there, with a pretty stonking shooting valley, and I want to take the shotgun up whenever I get a chance and feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You can definitely hold both. At least one WTSC shooter does and several used to.

Oh, excellent, and is the PSNI cert the same five-year one northern residents have?

The permit lasts the full year if I get it? That's not so bad so. Just I have a summer home up there, with a pretty stonking shooting valley, and I want to take the shotgun up whenever I get a chance and feel like it.
    i have mine as i am a member of icpsa and shoot competitions up there ,you will want to have your information right for them ,as they might only give it to you for the few weeks around the date your shooting
    .you will want a euro pass also ,and i think its 12 sterling

• Advertisement

oh, Excellent, And Is The Psni Cert The Same Five-year One Northern Residents Have?
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

That's the visitors permit though, not the FAC.

Sparks wrote: »
    That's the visitors permit though, not the FAC.
    as far as i am aware if you do not have a address in the north they will not give you a fac now only a permit .if that was the case all the smart men would have one for loading gear ,,

I do have a residence up there though, and until not very long ago, there was a company owned by my family operating from that residence, so it's fairly well established. I think the parents have business up there sometime this week, so I shall ask them to ask in the local station for me while they're there. Handiest thing would be to get a full FAC, for however long it covers me, or if necessary, as long a visitor's permit as is possible, because it's a good place for some pigeon bashing and there's a nice spot for wildfowling and the like too, so would be a few trips a year certainly, with the gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

My PSNI License lasts a year and is up for renewal at the same time as my Garda FAC.

You do need a European pass also.

The only funny bit is that my EuroPass and PSNI license entitle me to hold 500 rounds each but the Garda one only allows 100 rounds. Must go talk to the man about that one.

B'Man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Bananaman wrote: »
    My PSNI License lasts a year and is up for renewal at the same time as my Garda FAC.

You do need a European pass also.

That's a PSNI Visitor's permit. The PSNI licence is the same as the British one and lasts five years. Up until about six years ago, we could hold PSNI licences which were dealt with the same as if you were resident in the North. The rules changed and only residents were allowed have them after that.

Advertisement