Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Bargain Alert] Spare 727 available

Options
  • 10-06-2008 8:44pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Spare 727 available, any reasonable offers considered:

Clicky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

robinph wrote: »
    Spare 727 available, any reasonable offers considered:

Clicky
    I am sure a good home will be found for it in the Congo :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

if this was in america, they'd call in bomb-disposal, evacuate the entire state and probably invade cambodia, for security reasons of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Always wanted one!

http://www.airplanehome.com/

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

Dublin Airport used to be the place for abandoning aircraft. It has played host as I recall to a Bahamasair Boeing 707, a Lockheed Constellation, a Junkers Ju52, a B25 Mitchell, another 707 Nigerian (unpaid bills to Aer Lingus). Have I missed any? All except the 707s were eventually recovered and preserved.

One suspects the 727 will suffer the same fate. Hanoi airport is fascinating as they have Mig 21s at the ready in sun shelters at the end of the runway.

Advertisement