Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transporting Rifles on Public Transport/Bicycles

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

As I said before lads, no bother in my taxi. I have had my shotgun in someone else's taxi coming from the airport once as well ( broken down in a carrier case ). Your man was asking whether it was fishing equipment and I told him straightforward : "No, a broken down shotgun". He had no problem with it just asked to put it in the boot so the case was out of sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

hi meathsteve i am just having a laught steve:Dlol your spot on taxi men
    are more worried about the price of diesel :eek:not any kind of firearm:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

thehair wrote: »
    hi meathsteve i am just having a laught steve:Dlol your spot on taxi men
    are more worried about the price of diesel :eek:not any kind of firearm:D

If I was a taxi driver, I'd be worried about a firearm behind me in the car. I'd also be worried about knives, baseball bats, syringes and anything else that could be used as a weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Aye - the thing is that meathstevie's attitude is dead handy for any of us who'd need his services, but unless he has have "meathsteveie" painted on the side of his taxi, it's hard to know what the taxidriver you're dealing with thinks on the matter, so it's best to know the ground rules.

rrpc wrote: »
    If I was a taxi driver, I'd be worried about a firearm behind me in the car. I'd also be worried about knives, baseball bats, syringes and anything else that could be used as a weapon.

You're spot on rrpc except the fact that the least of my worries would be let's say a lad in Raheny who called a taxi to bring him and his over and under to Courtlough. Knives and syringes and the likes are a far greater concern.

• Advertisement

On a very realistic level now. If you ever found yourself needing a taxi while travelling with your firearm ( let's say for argument's sake Sparks and a few of his mates going to the airport catching a flight to an international competion ) just ring your local company and ask. I think you'll be surprised with the amount of drivers who have no problem transporting licenced firearms and their owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I reckon it would be harder to find a taxi company who wont transport you and your licenced firearms than it would to find on who will, Like Meathstevie said its the likes of knives, syringes and illigal firearms that you would have to worry about, the ones you dont see and the ones that you arnt told about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

I reckon it would be harder to find a taxi company who wont transport you and your licenced firearms than it would to find on who will, Like Meathstevie said its the likes of knives, syringes and illigal firearms that you would have to worry about, the ones you dont see and the ones that you arnt told about.

spot on +1steve

Advertisement