Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance

• 10-06-2008 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭

Sorry in advance if there are a million other threads on this topic!!!!

Anyway I got my renewal quote for my monster 620 from Quinn and thankfully its dropped from just under €1500 to €820 fully comp. Im 32 and had full no claims until I had a bike nicked March last year which shot my premiums up to €1500.

So good news that its now €820. I tried Carole nash for a quote but they wont insure me because I no longer have a garage.

Who else is there for me to get a comparison from and does anyone have any good or bad experiences with them? My understanding is that Quinn are great until you have to claim!!

Are there any online companies here yet? I remember last year whenb I was renewing there were a few new companies in the pipeline. Did any of them ever materialise or do I only have the choice between Quinn, Quinn, or .....Quinn?

Cheers in advance
    Georgey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I got mine, on two bikes,from aonbikecare.ie. Cost under 600 for the two third party. Got into an argument with carol nash because they tried to load me for two points,doesn't matter how I got them,they want more money,ironically they don't give a reduction for not having any. Quinn increased my policy from last year by over €150,no claim or changes since last year,no idea why, they also charged me 50 quid for cancelling the policy a month early. Looks like the insurance companies are taking the ryan air view on buisness,screw em however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

dubtom wrote: »
    I got mine, on two bikes,from aonbikecare.ie. Cost under 600 for the two third party. Got into an argument with carol nash because they tried to load me for two points,doesn't matter how I got them,they want more money,ironically they don't give a reduction for not having any. Quinn increased my policy from last year by over €150,no claim or changes since last year,no idea why, they also charged me 50 quid for cancelling the policy a month early. Looks like the insurance companies are taking the ryan air view on buisness,screw em however.

thanks dubtom, forgot about aon. They're through AXA I think. If I remember correctly you might be able to get a policy direct with AXA if you are insring a car aswell (6 wheel deal). I tried this a few years back but they pulled out when they realised my bike policy was with aon at the time and they have an agreement not to take their customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

why would you say you dont have a garage? just say its garaged and alarmed and see what difference it makes?

their not going to drive around to see if you have a garage or not.

why would you say you dont have a garage? just say its garaged and alarmed and see what difference it makes?

their not going to drive around to see if you have a garage or not.

I've though about the 'white lie' option before, and agree that for a normal claim less than say €10K they won't bother.

But god forbid, you are in a major incident with a significant payout they'll be looking for any way out and if that means a quick spin out to your house to see if that garage is for real or some other way to get out of paying up...they will.

In my opinion if you are going to lie on your insurance to save €50 here or 100 there, which may nullify a claim, why bother paying insurance at all. just forge a cert if/when the gards ask you to produce it.

Just my opinion and maybe its the norm for 'white lies' but I'm a damn pessimist and always think of the worst case scenario. :o

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The only other company Im aware of is adelaide. Theyre based in the north.

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    The only other company Im aware of is adelaide. Theyre based in the north.

thanks. Save about €50 with them and about another €70 if I drop the DAS legal cover and breakdown assistance. I'd prefer to go back to AA as it'll cover my car and bike.

Has anyone any experience, good or bad, with Adelaide?

Advertisement