Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Asus monitor..

Options
  • 10-06-2008 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

I just got a new Asus VW222S 22 inch..
    the specs.. http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=18169&agid=603

Having gone from a good 17 inch CRT the differences are hmm kinda mixed..

Its very difficult to get the colours right, I seem to have a decent balance at the mo..

The biggest problem is video playback.. the quality looks much worse, is that just an optical illusion going from a 17inch to 22 inch or could it be that the new monitor is just not great quality?

I am running it on a 7900gs video card, with 2 white outputs (not vga) could that be hindering the monitor a bit? (the monitor came with VGA connect adapter and I am using a converter)

Any external programs that might help? I am just using the nvidia control panel..

I know this is vague but I really am clueless about monitors.. also the monitor is locked at 60hz refresh rate.. that normal?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Nearly all 22" monitors are TN panel, TN is cheap and offers quick response times (good for games), but cannot reproduce the full 24 bit color gamut and has poor viewing angles. I've got a TN panel myself, but i opted for a 24" for the higher 1920x1200 native resolution. 22" monitors have a native resolution of 1680x1050 which is the same as 20" ones but stretched.

Advertisement