Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Phone Tv Internet. Internet advice Limerick

Options
  • 10-06-2008 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Hello there!

I'm thinking about making the move to UPC as my full provider for Internet TV and Phone. Just have a few questions that some of ye might be able to clear up for me.

Firstly, is there anyone in Limerick who has the 12mb service that could let me know if its actually any good? pings / download rates, and if not from limerick, can I just hear from other people who have it what they think of it.
    Also what is the wireless router from them like?

I am currently with eircom at the moment for phone and broadband, will there be much trouble switching from them to UPC do you reckon?

They say an engineer will be out in 5 days from when you place the order to get everything installed, is this accurate? and is there much trouble in setting it all up?

Think thats about it really,

Thanks everyone.

Coz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i have tv from them i have the max pack and have thease channels

RTE 1&2
    TV3
    TG4
    SETANTA IRELAND
    CHANNEL 6
    BBC 1&2
    BBC 3&4
    UTV
    CHANNEL 4
    E4
    E4 +1
    SKY 1
    SKY 2
    MORE4
    MORE4 +1
    UKTV GOLD
    LIVING TV
    LIVING TV +1
    REALLTY TV
    PARAMOUNT COMEDY 1
    PARAMOUNT COMEDY 2
    SCI-FI
    BUZZ TV (**** CHANNEL WASTE OF TIME)
    BBC NEWS
    SKY NEWS
    EURONEWS
    CNBC
    CNN
    BBC WORLD
    BLOOMBERG
    DISCOVERY
    TRAVEL AND LIVING
    ANIMAL PLANET
    DISCOVERY
    NATIONAL GEO
    NAT GEO WILD
    HISTORY CHANNEL
    BIO CHANNEL
    SKY MOVIES
    FILM FOUR
    FILM FOUR +1
    MGM MOVIES
    TCM
    SETANTA IRELAND (AGAIN)
    SKY SPORTS
    SETANTA 1
    SETANTA GOLF
    SKY NEWS SPORTS
    NASN
    RACING UK
    SENANTA SPORTS NEWS
    CHELSEA TV
    CELTIC TV
    LIVERPOOL TV
    ATTHERACES
    EXTREME SPORTS
    EUROSPORT
    E
    QVC
    REAL TIME
    BRAVO
    PERORMANCE
    THE DEN
    BOOMERANG
    NICK
    NICK REPLAY
    NICK TOONS
    NICK JUNIOR
    CBBC
    CBEEBIES
    DISNEY CHANNELS
    CARTOON NET
    MTV
    MTV2
    MTV HITS
    MTV DANCE
    VH1
    VH1 CLASSIC
    MTV R
    TMF
    THE BOX
    BUBBLE HITS
    SMASH HITS
    MAGIC
    KISS
    EWTN
    GOD
    TV5
    EURONEWS
    PPV
    FASHION TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

i dont think he asked for a list of channels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

:) nope, but thats anyways.

Think I'm going to go with it anyways to day, fingers crossed its as good as they say.

Coz.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I have the 6Mb line in galway, with digital TV. I expected more from the digital TV really. They changed the decoder box and IMO i prefer the old firmware. Really dont get many more channels with digital compared to basic analog. A few channels like E4+1 or Paramount +1 but nothing of real significance.

The Broadband is excellent, 6Mb line, I get downloads of about 700Kb/Sec, i think the ping was about 30.... if I remember correctly.

The router we got is grand. Good strong signal upstairs, but the house isnt that big really. My laptop picks it up almost immediatly when I turn it on.

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=3MVS&CategorySelectedId=11177&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11177,4294959958,50542#specifications
    thats it there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I have the 12mb connection and the dtv pack, the dtv is great and the 12mb connection is very stable. Eats downloads of large files! Opening web pages is faily fast but streaming vids and music is insanly quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

-ADREN- wrote: »
    is there anyone in Limerick who has the 12mb service that could let me know if its actually any good? pings / download rates,

I have the 12mb in Limerick.
    Ping is about 33 usually, d/l rate at max seems to be 1.45 to 1.5 Mbps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Class, thanks lads.

Not to bothered about the tv to much anyways. Plus going for the max pack or what ever it is, we should get that recorder thing as well.

Glad to hear the Internet connection is solid.

Thanks again,
    Coz.

Advertisement