Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

driving in cork

Options
  • 10-06-2008 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can anyone tell me the correct lane to use when turning from mc curtain street to brian boru street? I use the centre lane on both streets but find that drivers cut into the centre lane from the right lane while turning onto brian boru street. Who is right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Their wrong, your meant to stay in lane and then filter into the correct lane when possible, seen the same thing myself, feckin mu**ets..... alot of it is caused by lane hopping coming down mccurtain street.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The left lane is for left up Summerhill or straight on, the middle lane is for straight on or Brian Boru, the right lane is for Brian Boru only. It's all clearly marked on the road.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

I'm marrying a moron. Read the question again Dahamsta!

The middle lane on McCurtain St is usually used for the left lane on Brian Boru Street, and the right lane on McCurtain St is usually used for the middle and right lanes on Brian Boru Street. Makes sense if you think about the flow of traffic - right lane on Brian Boru is rarely used by cars coming off McCurtain Street as they'd essentially be driving around the block.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Have we met?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

No need to have a domestic - you're both correct. I suspect the right hand lane going to the centre lane on Brian Boru is more down to convention than any actual rule though
    right lane on Brian Boru is rarely used by cars coming off McCurtain Street as they'd essentially be driving around the block.

I do that all the time when looking for parking.....

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Two lanes turning round into a three lane road :

- centre lane on Mac Curtain goes into left lane on Brian Boru St.
    - Right lane on Mac Curtain goes into right lane on Brian Boru St.
    - Want the middle lane on Brian Boru - fight it out...

Advertisement