Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do the new VRT changes affect old imports?

Options
  • 10-06-2008 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Please excuse my ignorance for a start. If I were to buy an old Mazda 323f, lets say 1998, would it make a difference if the car is an import or not?
    You can see the difference in the mazda badges. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭positron

No. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I thought, if you register it before July 1st it will use the old system register it on or after July the 1st and it will use the new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

AntiVirus wrote: »
    I thought, if you register it before July 1st it will use the old system register it on or after July the 1st and it will use the new system.
    I'm reading that the OP is looking at an imported Mazda already on Irish plates....in which case....carry on as normal....no changes here.

Lock'er up Peasant!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,429 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ninty9er wrote: »
    I'm reading that the OP is looking at an imported Mazda already on Irish plates....in which case....carry on as normal....no changes here

Indeed. It makes no difference if the car was originally bought in Ireland or imported into Ireland at some point

See the first post in the new sticky here for all the details

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement