Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBay Stairlift

Options
  • 10-06-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

I have been researching Stairlifts ( chair that brings people up -down stairs) , I see that secondhand ones are significantly cheaper . Has anyone tried to install a secondhand one or find a fitter to install it .
    For anyone worried about Granny stuck for hours on a DIY lift from EBay... the intension is to fit it for a frequent guest .
    I have already asked for practical advice on new stairlifts here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56205343#post56205343 .
    pjq

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

I think your main problem with a second hand one is getting it to fit your house.
    I have only removed one from a house once and it was a very quick job as it just bolted to the wall.
    Is it a straight run or is there a bend in the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭pjq

Beldin,
    Its a straight run , and now that I have seen some new ones I can see that its not rocket science once the rail is lopng enough.
    pjq

Advertisement