Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barry Transfer Saga, will he go to Liverpool

1383940414244»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Read those quotes I really think its a simple case of Rafa wants to pay the 18m and get the player and now it even looks like the owners say the money is there but Parry is dragging his heels.

I really don't know how Mr Alan can say from those articles that Rafa doesn't think Barry is worth 18 million and is willing to pay it????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Savman wrote: »
    Why are Liverpool fans still talking about an Aston Villa player?

Cry foul all you want, shout it from the rooftops if it makes yiz feel better, but Gareth Barry goes out tomorro in Claret & Blue and apart from coughing up £18m there ain't a damn thing you can do about it.

Time to put up or shut up me thinks.

A good share of us dont want Gareth Barry. Liverpool's need is a creative player. Gareth Barry is not a creative player ala Arjen Robben/Ricardo Quaresma who are more the types of players required for Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Villain wrote: »
    I really don't know how Mr Alan can say from those articles that Rafa doesn't think Barry is worth 18 million and is willing to pay it????

wat i said was before that article came out.

if thats the case, it does sound like Rafa is willing to spend big money on a player. perhaps it will be barry, perhaps someone else.

simple fact is Barry wants to come to us, if Rafa/the board decide he is worth it, he will come....not really an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Mr Alan wrote: »
    wat i said was before that article came out.

if thats the case, it does sound like Rafa is willing to spend big money on a player. perhaps it will be barry, perhaps someone else.

simple fact is Barry wants to come to us, if Rafa/the board decide he is worth it, he will come....not really an issue.

So you were wrong with your previous comments?

GuanYin wrote: »
    So you were wrong with your previous comments?

I may have been.

I have no problem saying I'm wrong if i am.

The comments from Rafa IF he is talking about Barry, would indicate i am, and that Rick Parry is incompetent, which we all knew anyway.

But he could just as easily be saying we have the money to buy someone in the price bracket, and not mean Barry.

Guess we wont know till the window closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Barry publicly announcing his desire to join Liverpool was just a ploy to mobilise Arsenal into making a higher bid.

Prove me wrong...

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Barry publicly announcing his desire to join Liverpool was just a ploy to mobilise Arsenal into making a higher bid.

Prove me wrong...

excellent point :rolleyes:

Oh yea, Arsenal never made any bid for Barry in the first place btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Sounds interesting, I wonder is he still valued at 18m though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Barry Transfer Saga, will he go to Arsenal??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Wenger: ‘There is interest, always, in Barry'

What the hell does this mean? Talking in riddles eh?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

its just Wengers sense of humour, hes taking the piss and probably laughing his ass of that some sites/papers of the media ran with his comments as a legit story... He will noty sign Gareth Barry.

He will noty sign Gareth Barry.

and said as much in the last couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

I can't see this transfer going ahead after everthing that has happened and i think rafa is of the same opinon, thats why he has turned his attention to other targets ie Riera, Downing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Mr Alan wrote: »
    and said as much in the last couple of weeks.

Don't think he actually said he would not sign him, he is sending out very mixed messages all right, MON not too happy by all accounts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1048397/Villa-boss-ONeill-unhappy-Wenger-quest-midfielder-Barry.html?ITO=1490

• Advertisement

pesireland wrote: »
    I can't see this transfer going ahead after everthing that has happened and i think rafa is of the same opinon, thats why he has turned his attention to other targets ie Riera, Downing

Downing would be an excellent signing for Liverpool, that said I can't see it happening.

more pissing and moaning from MON, maybe he should get his own director and players to stop talking about other teams players before he starts moaning about other teams.

Villian, did you ever think when you started this thread that we'd still be here today??? Unbelievable!

would that be the same Mon and Aston villa that rafa said were very good to deal with

Only 10 more days left.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Villian, did you ever think when you started this thread that we'd still be here today??? Unbelievable!

Never tbh I thought Barry would have signed for 15 million amazed Mon has stuck it this far but it ain't over yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This thread is worse than that next Ireland manager thread from a few months back.

I can't wait til the transfer window shuts, or Barry moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

140 + plus pages on gareth barry.............

imagine the tot of this 2 years ago wen he was off to portsmouth:pac:

Setanta covering the Liverpool game just said they have just heard that the Barry deal is dead and nothing will happen in the next two weeks.

They just said that news has come from Rick Parry

so maybe just maybe it is finally over

Setanta covering the Liverpool game just said they have just heard that the Barry deal is dead and nothing will happen in the next two weeks.

Yep, heard that. Although the commentator has just said his source is Rick Parry himself. I think this is a devilishly cunning plan by Rafa. He's using psychological warefare.

1pm, Rafa: Hi Rick. I DON'T want us to buy Gareth Barry.
    Parry: Ok Rafa, thanks for letting me know.

7pm, Barry signs for Liverpool

Barry says he is staying for now but wont be talking about a new contract till next summer. obviously wants to see if a CL club comes in for him between now and then at a knock down price.

can we get this thread locked please?:)

ahhhhhh its over.

god i cant wait for Sunday!

It ain't over till Midnight Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

has he been booed by small / large sections of the Villa faithful?

my bro just rang me saying that Barry has released a statement saying he wont be leaving this window.

combined with us saying we wont pay 18m.

Arsenal not nearly going to pay 18m

and Villa saying he wont be sold for less than that,

to me, that means its over.

• Advertisement

Was booed by a very small section at one game away and got a standing ovation at the following home game. The fans are behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

In before lock! ;)

Thank God thats over. Whats the odds on Barry scoring the winner at the weekend! :)

The statment says he decided to stay 2 weeks ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So all that remains is for Villa to be in the top four come Christmas and that should end it all 'til next summer.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Villain wrote: »
    The statment says he decided to stay 2 weeks ago?
    Villa obviously decided not to scream that from the rooftops after the events of the supposed 'deadline'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Can't believe one transfer that didn't even happen got over 2100 replies!

eZe^ wrote: »
    Can't believe one transfer that didn't even happen got over 2100 replies!
    Mainly very upset and concerned Villains methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Burn this thread and lets never speak of it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

:)t almost feels like a victory. Well done MON & AVFC for fighting their corner magnificently.

Now the hard part of keeping GB at the Villa is done, here's hoping he recovers his form.

This thread is amazing, the exam i repeated today i can recall just doing back in May when this whole thing started on the Villa thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Has to be one of the most ridiculous transfer sagas of all time.

He simply isn't worth 18M. O'Neill was right to slap that price tag on him though, and Liverpool were equally right not to pay it.

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Has to be one of the most ridiculous transfer sagas of all time.

He simply isn't worth 18M. O'Neill was right to slap that price tag on him though, and Liverpool were equally right not to pay it.
    Just on that, if he's not worth 18m then Robbie Keane is way overpriced, they would be worth similar amounts imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Hahah, did the Shevchenko going back to Milan thread even get 4 replies?

Barry's 550 times the player Shevchenko ever was!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

BUMP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The answer to the OP is no.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Locked.

That fcuk this 'saga' is over.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement