Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what should i do??

Options
  • 10-06-2008 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭

ok so here's my situation.

I've moved into an apartment with ntl in most rooms,

Unfortunatly ntl is broadband is not available in the area yet.

We don't wanna have the extra cost/hassle of a phone line.

Also we are not allowed put any satelitle dishes or drill holes in the aprtment etc etc..

So what would be my best option for a broadband service, very limited as we are :(

cheers in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

you could get a 3 3g usb modem ,or 02modem, or ripwave ,depends on what speed you want ,cost 20 /25euro per month for 10gig download cap.RIPWAVE has no dl cap, but you need to be los,ie basically face modem in the direction of the aerial.I get 250k or 900k per sec on 3 depends on where i am when using it.IF your a casual net user go 4 the cheapest option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Your only options are basically rubbish. If you are only going to use it for the odd bit of email and a little surfing then the suggestions of the above poster will be ok. With any of your available options you're looking at very poor speeds and very poor reliability. If it were me I would very much have another look at getting the phone line in, even the most basic DSL package at 1mbit would trounce any of the other options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

maybe you could get breeze,that needs a dish installed on the roof, on 3 3g usb modem ,the min i get is 250k/per sec ,i find it handy 4 web browsing ,and i can use it anywhere.WITH no phone, your options are limited ,in an apartment.

Advertisement