Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Trafic

Options
  • 11-06-2008 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Good van?

Are they the same as one of those Nissans or is it just a cosmetic similarity??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

cantdecide wrote: »
    Good van?

Are they the same as one of those Nissans or is it just a cosmetic similarity??

Same as Nissan Primastar and Opel Vivaro, except for the badges.

We have a few Traffics on the fleet and they don't seem to have an issues. I used to look after a fleet of the Vivaro's which did have a few issues with brakes, but they were all 2002 models and those issues are resolved now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

The nissian primaster and the renault are exactly the same, not sure about the opel, but i don't think they are diffrent other then the stereo!

The only issues we've had in work is the central locking could have a mind of its own sometimes, and after awhile the door open indicator might stay on! they seem to have fixed this on the 08's by just removing the indicator!

Comfortable van to drive feels closer to a car then a Transit/transpoter (older model) and can fit in most car parks, its turning circle is a bit rubbish and 1st gear shouldn't exist!

I know its not a sports car but a little bit of actually moving forward in 1st gear would help. Get the slightly more powerful one if you can nissan DCI 115 i think?!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

I have a friend who drove the Traffic for work and was most disparaging; basically complained that bits started to fall off after about 3 months. The van had a very quiet life too, with no serious loads carried. They got rid of it after a short time.

I also know a painter who bought the Traffic new and found it to be absolutely awful. Same basic problem, lousy assembly. It was so bad he got rid of it after 6 months and changed to the Nissan. He told me it may have looked the same, but he found the Nissan to be a much better van. When I last saw him he'd had the Nissan for 18 months and had nothing but good things to say about it. Best not to mention the word "Renault" in his presence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Are the Nissan versions even assembled in a different place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Are the Nissan versions even assembled in a different place?

No, they are all built in Luton by GMM from the same parts.

Obviously sticking a Nissan badge on it gives the van Japanese reliability, while a Renault badge turns it into crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

That doesn't explain apparent build quality differences at all. Maybe nmacc's friend's Trafic was built on the weekend shift :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

the 2002 models have some brake and transmittions issues but apart from the clutch in all the ranges there a decent van.... dci 100 seems to be the best of the lot as far as duarability goes...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

the renault traffc are great vans

Advertisement