Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone buy this game at the start....

• 11-06-2008 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

and just not got around to completing the story yet?

I have been on around 35-38% since the middle of May. Its not like I have anything else to do either......no summer job....no football matches, no other games.

Euro 2008 has severely halted my progress as well....I'd say I won't finish this game until August.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah I'm around 50 or 60 percent. I haven't played it at all in about 2 weeks. Mostly I've just been too tired to play. But I'll probably finish it by the end of the month.

SP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

God no,came out during my exams so had to finish it then:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I haven't finished it, it doesn't seem to have what it takes to keep me hooked like the previous ones did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm at about 55% haven't played since the weekend, i haven't got the time to be playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I'm currently at about 75% but I've completed all the stunt jumps (except one), found all of Brucie's cars and most of Stevie's and am currently working through the assassin missions. I've not done a story mission in about 2-3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Probably about half way throught at this stage, only due to the living room being invaded by builders and access to the telly being seriously limited, (ie: before 9am and after 5pm).
    Then there's work and having a missus and oh lord how I miss it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm about 35% through. I've been alternating between GTAIV and COD4. I also spend a lot of time trying to get some of the Xbox 360 achievements. Hoping to give the story missions a good crack this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭event

aye, dunno what status im at yet, but not near finished id say

spend far too much time just cruising around

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

At about 30-35% done, game took a slight detour when me and my mates started competing to see who could knock the most people over.:D Quite fun actually, just received my dual shock 3 controller, so i don’t think i will ever finish :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm about the 35% mark and the biggest peoblem is getting 3 - 5 hours to sit into it. Maybe this evening...

I tend to get too easily distracted in the game and forget that I haven't saved and die and go "FECK!" and have to reload the save mission. I have some mental block about not allowing the character to die and "respawn" at the hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i got it on launch day, and only finished it last week. havent played it since, been playing nba live until metal gear solid comes out tomorrow.

can't imagine i'll be going back to play through the story again..

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

I'm about 50%ish. I've just opened up Alderney. I'm doing a lot of the side missions as I'm going.

Kharn wrote: »
    I'm about the 35% mark and the biggest peoblem is getting 3 - 5 hours to sit into it. Maybe this evening...

I tend to get too easily distracted in the game and forget that I haven't saved and die and go "FECK!" and have to reload the save mission. I have some mental block about not allowing the character to die and "respawn" at the hospital.

Why not? In this one, dying doesn't bother me, as I get to keep all my weapons. Also, why don't you turn on the autosave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

I have some mental block about not allowing the character to die and "respawn" at the hospital.

Have the same thing! If I die or get arrested - reload last save.

I'm about 60% through. Haven't been playing as regularly as at the start.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

h8red wrote: »
    Have the same thing! If I die or get arrested - reload last save.

I'm about 60% through. Haven't been playing as regularly as at the start.

I'm really glad I'm not the only one! :D I've been this way with all the GTA games, dunno why...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭derden

I was about 30% finished then my PS3 failed, so got a new and and have to start the game again, don't think i will go through it all again. Is there a cheat to skip missions?

I'm really glad I'm not the only one! :D I've been this way with all the GTA games, dunno why...

I was too, but that was when you lost all your weapons on getting wasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I haven't gotten far into it at all, maybe 10-15%, just haven't taken to the game really. Quite disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Gazza376

Im about 30-40 % through it i think, great game lived up to most of the expectections but was disappointing in some parts of the game. I would do about 2 or 3 missions at a time then just mess about in the game for a while then do some more missions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I'm at about 35%, haven't played it much for the last few weeks. Maybe a half hour here and there. I plan on sitting down and getting stuck into the story on Friday night though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Rb wrote: »
    I haven't gotten far into it at all, maybe 10-15%, just haven't taken to the game really. Quite disappointing.
    God...over 3 hours and you haven't got abused for that...where's the hecklers?!

Advertisement