Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iraq V China

• 11-06-2008 2:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately the Euro 2008 action is overshadowing this a bit,
    but it is a huge game for both teams on saturday.

Four points seperate the four teams with just two games to play,
    currently Australia are ahead followed by qatar, iraq and then china.

Top goalscorer Ahmad Mnajed should return from his calf injury in time for the game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Iraq absolutely battered Australia in both games. The Aussies were very, very fortunate to win the game here and deserved the defeat in Iraq earlier this week.

Gonna be close.

Sun Jihai is suspended for China having been sent off in their last game....without even entering the pitch!

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Display_news.asp?section=Sports_News&month=June2008&file=Sports_News200806083174.xml
    As the over 40,000 Chinese fans began shouting catcalls at their players, the team’s frustration with Qatar’s time-wasting tactics boiled over in a series of altercations between the two sides.

It led to Sun Jihai being off from the Chinese bench with 11 minutes left for remonstrating with the referee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ye've let him go haven't ye Xavi?!....happy?!;)

Not yet we haven't. I will have a small party when it's confirmed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

One of the Iraq players scored a whopper of a goal against Australia on Sat/Sun, seen it on sky news, the link on 101great goals wont work for me though.

gucci wrote: »
    One of the Iraq players scored a whopper of a goal against Australia on Sat/Sun, seen it on sky news, the link on 101great goals wont work for me though.

ROFL since when does mishit cross' equal 'whopper of a goal'?!

• Advertisement

Is that what it was? Maybe i got caught up in the Skysports hype!! I was half asleep eating a bowl of weetbix when it was on, so apologies if it wasnt as good as i made out! As I said i havent seen it since!

Yeah it was a right foot cross from the left wing that swung viciously and looped over Schwarzer's head into the top right corner. It was the keeper's fault. He took two steps forward in anticipation of the cross and couldn't back peddle in time.

Iraq still deserved the win though.

In fairness with Mark Schwartzer there was always going to be a certain amount of goal keeper error anwyays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Getting sent off from the bench. :facepalm:

So Iraq dumped the Chinese out while the Aussies picked up a nice 3-1 win away to Qatar. Emerton bagged too but Kewell getting the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Kewell

Big waste of skin, flesh, blood and bones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

if iraq qualify is there a chance they get kicked out after all that trouble a few weeks ago with fifa?

Advertisement