Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooked! want to get my Certs!!!

• 11-06-2008 4:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hello!
    Went to Turkey last year and done a dive in Bodrum. Loved it so booked Egypt this year, heard its supposed to be amazing, and I want to do my Open Water and Advanced Open Water Certs. I understand that I can do the theory part online at the PADI website. I kind of have to as well. The girlfriend is coming over with me and if I head off on a boat for 5 or 6 days she'll shoot me!
    Just a couple of questions:

How much roughly should this cost?

Is it possible to do both certs whilst over there?

Has anyone ever done it this way before? i.e.Theory online and then both courses back to back?

Cheers

Greg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭elcowboyspace

I have never done any online courses for anything myself. As far as I know the prices online are usually close enough to regular tutored courses.

Open water comes in at around the 500-600 mark while advanced is around 200-300. Prices in Egypt dont normally change much and are charged in Europe but you might find that its slightly cheaper.

I would however recommend that you do the open water course in Ireland as if you learn in perfect condidtions in Egypt you will find it damn difficult to dive in irish waters, and we have got some fantastic locations in Donegal, Cork and Galway/Mayo. If you learn to dive well here, you can dive anywhere in the world and we get just about everything you might see in the red sea just in smaller numbers. Where are you based, I could recommend a PADI centre in the area or should you so wish you could join a CFT club and train with them which usually works out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭hamnegg

Priced it up and its about 300 to do it in Egypt for the Open water. I've read that its up to 800 or more to do it here. Haven't really priced the Advanced yet. I'm living in Ashbourne. When I do get the certs i will definately be joing a club here.

Advertisement