Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamt I was pregnant!

Options
  • 11-06-2008 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi, I had a really strange dream last night!
    I have no children at the moment and am not planning any either! In my dream I was going into labour on my 2nd child!!!
    MY boyfriend wants us to start having kids now but I'm just not ready and we are not in a very strong financial position at the moment + we only live in a one bed apt,

Anyway in my dream, I started to go into labour and was said to him "ok it's starting now, oh mmy God can you believe this is our 2nd child" (and I was really happy about it!!???) He said "right I'll phone you a taxi!" I said why can't you drive me? he said because this takes hours, ring me when it's close and I'll come meet you, In the dream we were still living in our 1 bed apt and as I was leaving I was saying to him, seriously we really need a bigger place

I've never dreamt of being pregnant before......
    I don't know what this means!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

OMG, Sorry i dont know what it means, but i dreamt the nite before last that my mother was Pregnant :eek: She's 60. So were all really worried about her.
    A few months ago i dreamt i was pregnant and i was trying to forget about it because i was scared to tell anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you w2ere talking about having babies in real life, and you had a dream about it. it's hardly surprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Dreams about giving birth and babies arent nessesarily indicative that you are going to get, or already are pregnanty.

From what I've read, being pregnant or the presence of a baby in your dreams signifies change, or the birth of a new way of life for the dreamer.

A new start, or something has changed in your life. That could range from the actual relationship with your boy/f and the recognition of the switch, a career move.. any number of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I've had loads of dreams that I'm pregnant, don't have any kids and don't plan on any anytime soon. I googled a dream reader on it and it is that success and something new is on its way to you. I must be getting something huge, still waiting for my success after hundreds of pregnancy dreams!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

If it was my dream, I might take it as a literal sign that I was happy enough in the relationship to have children and maybe everything would we alright... whats stopping you beside the money/one bed apt... you obviously dont have to tell us but maybe you should reassess whatever that is and see what that tells you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 insomnia08

Many women dream about babies and being pregnant a day or two of getting their period

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Dreaming about being pregnant can sometimes represent anticipation or anxiety about an upcoming event etc. Labour can represent the unloading of a burden.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

insomnia08 wrote: »
    Many women dream about babies and being pregnant a day or two of getting their period
    And if its just before those days, dreaming about such a thing is not always welcome... haha

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭christinadublin

I had dreams before where I've been pregnant. It is such a weird dream to have. After you've woken up you're left wondering 'what the hell was that all about'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

The first time I dreamt of having a baby I found out I was pregnant a few days later!

Probably just coincidence.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MY boyfriend wants us to start having kids now but I'm just not ready and we are not in a very strong financial position at the moment + we only live in a one bed apt,
    It's on your mind, there's a bit of pressure regarding it, so you are working through the dilemma while dreaming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jagabomb

OMG!! im only 17 and keep having dreams im pregnant.... scary stuff. it was always just a bump but the last one i had i was in labour :eek: i have no clue why....? weird...

Advertisement