Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an accountant...Help

• 11-06-2008 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm hoping that somebody here can reccommend an accountant.
    I have an investment property along with my wife and my sister and her husband.
    I am concious that we need to make a tax return and I'm presumming this will be quite low as the property is in the name of 4 people so nobody is making any profits to speak of. We have the property 3 years and have yet to make a return but any money we made through the rental is still in the joint account we have and has not been touched except for any expenses we've had.
    I'm living in Meath and need an accountant that for a reasonable price can look after our tax responsabilities.

also if anyone has an idea of how much an accountant will normally charge for this kind of work as I don't want to pay over the odds.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Jarvis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Hi Jarvis,

Just to let you know, it might be small but there is 3 years returns and then 2 couples to submit them for. So that's 6 returns, maybe more if they're not jointly assessed. If you go to a firm you're more then likely going to pay anything from 200-300 per return. When you do go looking, make sure you have the information for your other income (employment, interest/dividends received, other rent) as you'll need to make a full tax return even if it's only going to be the rental income you'll owe money on.

You said you have receipts, great. Mazke sure you have the interest receitps from your bank as the interest is tax deductable.

I'm going to presume you have medical expenses during the year (some are tas decutible) so get receipts for the past 3 years and they can be added in.

I've probably forgot something so if there's anything else you need then ask away or drop me a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭noeleenred

I'v pm'ed you a brilliant accountant. Let me know how you get on.

Advertisement