Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics-Difference between higher and O.L?

Options
  • 11-06-2008 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I did badly in H.L physics in the mocks(32%) and so i don't really want to risk failing it in higher so i'm edging towards doing O.L Physics. I'm not good at maths using formulas and that and i find it hard to remember experiments aswell. But what are the main differences between H.L and O.L? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

With OL you get a lot of the formulas given to you, and the questions are generally easier anyway.

Do you not have past papers?

If you got the Edco ones they should have both higher level and ordinary level in them. It'll have a yellow cover.

Put if not then you can look at them online

http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=en&sc=ep&ty=e

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭HELLO132

Mark200 wrote: »
    With OL you get a lot of the formulas given to you, and the questions are generally easier anyway.

Do you not have past papers?

If you got the Edco ones they should have both higher level and ordinary level in them. It'll have a yellow cover.

Put if not then you can look at them online

http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=en&sc=ep&ty=e

Its horrible that if you barely pass H.L Physics you still get more points than a C b2 in ordinary :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

HELLO132 wrote: »
    Its horrible that if you barely pass H.L Physics you still get more points than a C b2 in ordinary :(

erm i dont undersatnd what you mean at the end of that sentence sorry:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rachelmcg1989

he means if u get 40 % in higher level, u get 45 points.
    and if you get a b2, 75%, u get 45 points.

i failed hl mock physics too (i tink i got 31% lol) and im so undecided about dropping.
    i have a 4 day gap to study it, but i dont know, i dont tink i have a brain for physics!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Yeah im dropping the questions are so much easier and really repetitive
    just work through mark schemes with past papers and look over experiments and you be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 conormob

I was thinking of dropping down because i got 30% in the mocks but my teacher told me no way taking in for account that we still had four months of the course left and that i did try my best i should be able to find more of an option of questions on the real thing (normally i would not take teachers advise on your levels cos they all want you to do higher level but my physics teacher is without a doubt one of the best, only around 20 teachers in the country mark H.L physics and my teacher is one of those.);):D:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Conormob HAS to be Conor O Brien hahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 conormob

Conormob HAS to be Conor O Brien hahaha.
    Ha its you didnt even realise it...oh i mean...whos Conor O'Brien

Posted via Mobile Device

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Ah Conor youll be fine in physics. Ms Fee told me to drop down but I should be fine.

Advertisement