Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4 release announced

Options
  • 11-06-2008 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

S4 starts on the 25th June for us in the EU.

the sets look really craptastic tbh. Some classes even share the same look but different colour e.g. rogue & druid.

World of Raids has the story and sets on their main page.

I was hoping i'd reach lv70 and be honor capped on my druid before S4 started :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

thats some super gay looking hunter gear....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Where did you guys see the pictures of the armor?
    Dont see it on the link, Im tired as hell, so maybe Im just missing it.

I saw the Paladin and Warrior, and I am very disapointed. They both look terrible, especially the paladin, baby boy blue and bronze? WTF :s

Im moving out of PvP anyway, dungeons are more rewarding IMO, I have a full season 1 set, but then so does everyone :) Im proud of my season 3 chest and helm but they are becoming more common also.

Dungeon/raid time for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I will have over 4500 arena points saved up when S4 comes around. Only spent arena points on a S2 Bow (3200) S3 Helm (1850) S3 Axe (1000) as they were better then my PvE gear and would use them in raids. I only use the Helm now in PvE so i hope their will be some more nice items from S4 i can buy :).

dont you need a certain raiting just to be able to buy some of the s4 items ?

Anti wrote: »
    dont you need a certain raiting just to be able to buy some of the s4 items ?

Yep.

You dont need any raiting for the hands. And only 1550 i think for legs and 1600 for the chest. So them 3 items of S4 is what i will be getting first. I know on the day you start at 1500 raiting again but it should not be to hard to get back over 1600 again.

• Advertisement

Yeah 1800 (previous 1850 before 2.4) for weapons and shields, and 1900 (presviously 2000) for shoulder pads.

There is no rating for the chest or legs, nor the head or hands!

I dont have ratings this high, but I like the fact you cant just farm the arena points, you have to be good at Arena to get the gear.

So if you are l33t enough people will know.

I heard a rumor (thats all it is, chinese whispers so dont quote me on this) but s4 gear, all of it, will have rating requirements. Some of them pretty high from what I heard.

Well this is what i found on a web site. Not saying the site is correct...

The new Season 4 items will have the below personal and team arena rating requirements:
    Shoulders: 2200
    Weapon: 2050
    Head: 1700
    Chest: 1600
    Legs: 1550
    Gloves: none
    Off-hand: none

In addition, some of the Season 4 quality items that will be purchasable with honor will also carry a personal and team arena rating requirement:
    Boots: 1700
    Ring: 1650
    Bracers: 1575
    Belt: none
    Necklace: none
    Trinket: none

If i can get to 1700 raiting i will be very very happy. But to be honest i can't see my self getting their as i just don't put in any time what so ever into PvP apart from 10 games a week. Which takes about 40mins.

Think i might quit arena, not on a very active team. Might try again when my gf hits 70 with her arcane mage. Dunno. Never had a high rating, cept for over a year ago, before s2 was even out.

Does anyoen have a link to asite that lists all current pvp gear with their costs and such ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

atlas ; )

• Advertisement

Ah sure i have that, but i meant for in work. Dont think they would be to happy me loading up here. Communist ****ers :)

haha i was thinking the other day,

if i have a fully updated copy of wow on a 500gb external hdd, would it be possible to load the game and tun it straight from the external hdd?

tempted to bring my hdd into work someday and play away in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Yes, saw a guy run Counter Strike:Source of a memory key fairly well, so WoW on a HDD shouldn't be a problem.

Don't blame me if you get fired though, that's all I'm saying.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    haha i was thinking the other day,

if i have a fully updated copy of wow on a 500gb external hdd, would it be possible to load the game and tun it straight from the external hdd?

tempted to bring my hdd into work someday and play away in the evening

Yup, will work fine. Wow is a portable app. It dosent need any registry entries or anything. I run mine form an external nas raid 1 array. No hassle at all.

sweet. is it possible for work to see what applications you are running?!

very tempted to but another small hard drive!!!!

ok so my managers off today and i sit in the back corner of the office so i brought in my portable hard drive with wow installed on it and copied the entire thing over to my c:

tried to log in and i cant login.

cant seem to connect to the login server..

any one any ideas?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Possibly blocked by your work proxy/firewall? I know my place wouldnt let me play Warcraft on its network. I cant even go on the wow wiki :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dellarocca

They may have ports blocked. Happens in here when I try to get updates for certain programs.

Unless you are a network admin, I doubt there is anything you can do about it.

yeh im the same most sites are blocked.

all i get is the connecting pop box when i try to login, then connection failed.

ggggrrrrrr

Advertisement