Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Delivery times

Options
  • 11-06-2008 10:36am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know how long it takes Digiweb to deliver and set up their Metro service. Ordered this morning and I'm in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It took a mate of mine 3 weeks before the showed up in Limerick and then they wouldn't install for him!!(no line of sight to the transmitter)

That was 2 years ago though and I can only assume they are more efficent now! Also more techs are usually in the Dublin area so i'd say maybe Saturday or Monday you'd be installed!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It took a mate of mine 3 weeks before the showed up in Limerick and then they wouldn't install for him!!(no line of sight to the transmitter)

That was 2 years ago though and I can only assume they are more efficent now! Also more techs are usually in the Dublin area so i'd say maybe Saturday or Monday you'd be installed!

I called the salesline and the IVR says 20 working days with seems a long time for someone to come and pop an antenna on the roof so hopefully it'll be the weekend so I can get to some gaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Mine was originally 2 days after the order, only I couldn't have been there. So, it was re-scheduled for the 5th working day after the order. Not too shabby. That was some time ago now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

20 days is worst case. Usually faster. Depends on demand and weather.

Install shouldn't take long, but it depends on the individual site, access to fit outdoor radio, ease of runing coax from outdoor radio to Modem etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Friday week I'd hope to have it by, please someone from Digiweb give it to me sooner!

• Advertisement
Advertisement