Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heard rumour

Options
  • 11-06-2008 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭

Heard that NARGC are threatening to pull out of FCP as promises have been renaged on ?

Any feedback ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The rumour's incorrect. There was friction over the Gardai not progressing at the same pace as everyone else on the FCP; that's been addressed already and resolved. The FCP is continuing as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Sparks wrote: »
    The rumour's incorrect. There was friction over the Gardai not progressing at the same pace as everyone else on the FCP; that's been addressed already and resolved. The FCP is continuing as normal.

Resolved ? Are you sure though ?

Seems the saying no smoke without fire could be true in this case.

Sparks are you saying NARGC are not threatening to pull out ?

BS, I don't speak for the NARGC. I'm just saying that from what I heard from last night's FCP meeting, there were some problems; people brought them up; they got discussed; they were resolved; and no-one is quitting the FCP as a result.
    Yeah, so could the saying "evaluate your sources". There are people out there who would scupper the FCP for their own selfish interests y'know (and I'm not pointing fingers here, I'm just saying).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Resolved ? Are you sure though ?

Sparks are you saying NARGC are not threatening to pull out ?

No shooting body would take that kind of action without referring to the others first. This was agreed at the start of the process and as far as I know is still the case.

People have suggested taking all sorts of action over the past few months, mainly over frustration with delays. However most of the delays have been unavoidable because of either legal or logistical reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Just a related question

Are the meeting minutes/highlights/decisions etc to be published from FCP meetings?

B'Man

• Advertisement

Bananaman wrote: »
    Just a related question

Are the meeting minutes/highlights/decisions etc to be published from FCP meetings?

B'Man

I think no is the answer to that.

I would hope so Bman. It's been my biggest complaint about the FCP from day one. (hint, hint, to anyone on the FCP reading this :D )

I would hope so Bman. It's been my biggest complaint about the FCP from day one. (hint, hint, to anyone on the FCP reading this :D )

I'd suggest you email Garrett Byrne then. He's the chairman and it's his decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

Heard that NARGC are threatening to pull out of FCP as promises have been renaged on ?

Any feedback ?
    heard rumour :rolleyes:in the night bunny when you are a sleep:Djust tell the doctor that and your LOCAL F-A-O:eek::D:D:D

rrpc wrote: »
    I'd suggest you email Garrett Byrne then. He's the chairman and it's his decision.

Chairman, yes. But, a Chairman don't make the rules, he referees for want of a better word?

• Advertisement

Chairman, yes. But, a Chairman don't make the rules, he referees for want of a better ?
    GOOD POINT

Yeah, so could the saying "evaluate your sources". There are people out there who would scupper the FCP for their own selfish interests y'know (and I'm not pointing fingers here, I'm just saying).

Here we go again a feeble attempt at disinformation and innenudo. This information has come to me from a very reliable source and a different source from my previous postings on the FCP. I guarantee you Sparks it's not from a certain individual/organisation banned from this site !

DeVore isn't the only one with contacts in high places :D

I think no is the answer to that.

Why not ?

DeVore isn't the only one with contacts in high places :D
    No, he isn't.

Why not ?

a grey area again bunny:)

thehair wrote: »
    a grey area again bunny:)

I'm more of a black and white kind of guy :)

the door at the fcp is very dark inside do you want to go their:eek:

Black and white are just shades of gray y'know...

Black and white are just shades of gray y'know...
    aa

c

• Advertisement

In this case it's either a transparent or a secretative process. If it's the latter you'd have to wonder why.

In this case it's either a transparent or a secretative process. If it's the latter you'd have to wonder why.

Sorry bunny, but that won't wash. You've had an iterim report in March, a conference which was widely reported on here in May and you're calling it secretive?

Stirring the sh1t again it seems.

?

Sorry bunny, but that won't wash. You've had an iterim report in March, a conference which was widely reported on here in May and you're calling it secretive?

Stirring the sh1t again it seems.

How is expecting to know what's going on stirring ? Am I and all the other shooters who are supposedly represented by those in the FCP not entitled to know what's going on ? We live in a democracy, last time I looked. Strange politics at play here. Tell 'em nothing and tell 'em it's for their own good :rolleyes:

Sparks excellent reporting here was frowned upon by some involved in the FCP, according to Sparks himself.

sorry from steve sparks

TheHair, do I have to delete nonsensical comments here?

A little humour is not a bad thing :D

TheHair, do I have to delete nonsensical comments here?
    no i did .steve;)

How is expecting to know what's going on stirring ? Am I and all the other shooters who are supposedly represented by those in the FCP not entitled to know what's going on ? We live in a democracy, last time I looked. Strange politics at play here. Tell 'em nothing and tell 'em it's for their own good :rolleyes:
    So the stuff that was published was 'nothing' was it? I'm sure the people involved in the FCP who spent their spare time producing that information and taking holidays from work to attend meetings, really appreciate the little regard yhou have for their input, work and sacrifice. I'm not on the FCP, but I have just spent the last two days and driven four hundred miles for the benefit of all shooters.

You have no idea bunny, so really all I can say is grow up.
    Sparks excellent reporting here was frowned upon by some involved in the FCP, according to Sparks himself.
    According to Sparks himself it wasn't anybody on the FCP. Read his post again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

A little humour is not a bad thing :D

A little yeah, not every second post

Yes, I would like the FCP to be a little more transparent.

Don't think it will happen though. I want results, if the meeting minutes being made public hinder this then I don't mind. If the shooting community can help by commenting on or submitting info based on meeting minutes then there could be benefit from making them public.

Advertisement