Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heard rumour

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

For the record 2 x different sources

For the record there is no attempt to damage FCP or NARGC

All that I want is some confirmation or denial.
    Well then I suggest you get in touch with Des Crofton, which is where you should have started. While you're talking to him, you should tell him you're the person who started this rumour on boards and see what he says. Be sure and report back to us as to how you got on.
    Court cases got us this far, not meetings !
    The court cases haven't gone away you know. O'Leary v Maher was decided in April, and there's still some 70 odd cases according to Prime Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

The problem is bunny the DoJ set the rules and they could change them so they always win.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

This thread and others of it's kind are drawing a lot of discussion and there are those attempting to quash the discussions with threats of the FCP collapsing.
    Those saying that do not have the authority to close the thread, nor are they threatening to; they are putting forward their point of view. Personally I don't agree with it, but then I don't agree with yours either - however the important thing is that noone - not them, and not you - has been censored.
    I had doubts at the beginning of this venture whether this panel was nothing more than a PR exercise and the more I see the more I am convinced.
    Actually, the more I see of it, the more I'm convinced it's the best thing to ever happen to shooting in Ireland.
    I heard a rumour and I posted the content of it up here. I looked for feedback.
    And you got it - you just didn't believe it. But there's not much that can be done about that :(
    We got a document recently of all that's been agreed. Well believe me my local Super isn't working to that document ! :mad:
    That would be normally thought of as "slow progress", not "no progress". Now if the Gardai weren't talking to people and admitting they had problem Superintendents out there, I'd probably be leaning towards your interpretation; but I've seen them do both with my own eyes. The gardai are civil servants. And like all civil service branches, they take time to change how they do things.
    All that I want is some confirmation or denial.
    But you've had the latter already, and since there's noone in here who can speak on behalf of the NARGC, you're going to have to go to them directly if what you've heard in here isn't good enough : nargc@iol.ie
    I keep hearing this, and I understand why, but it's wrong. Yes, court cases have been a necessary evil in the past, but I'm sick to death of us having to go through them, I'm certain that everyone bar the barristers are as well, and the FCP offers a far better path to a far more long-lasting solution. I've said it before and I'll say it again: You cannot use the judiciary as a stick to beat the legislative branch with. It just doesn't work (has everyone forgotten the original bin tax protests in Cork so fast?).
    Read it again there were admissions of a list/s of photos being given to DOJ
    As Clash said, not the same lists that you were on about and not under the same circumstances; and if you don't believe me, ask the head of the IPSA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

The representatives of the various shooting organisations involved in this panel are accountable to the members of their organisations.

I don't think this should be forgotten.

Who gave them the right to decide on things without consulation with the members of these organisations ?

This dictatorial attitude is not acceptable.

This thread and others of it's kind are drawing a lot of discussion and there are those attempting to quash the discussions with threats of the FCP collapsing.

I had doubts at the beginning of this venture whether this panel was nothing more than a PR exercise and the more I see the more I am convinced.

The secrecy of it stinks to high heavens.

I heard a rumour and I posted the content of it up here. I looked for feedback.

We got a document recently of all that's been agreed. Well believe me my local Super isn't working to that document ! :mad:

Not worth paper it's written on, cause legally the only way to reverse his decisions is through a ruling in Court. The legislation still says it's the Supers decision on my firearms licence/s refusal or renewal.

So bull****e doesn't baffle brains :mad:
    well it feels like you are pissing against the wind steve:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

"Well then I suggest you get in touch with Des Crofton, which is where you should have started."

Above is a quote from this thread post # 62 by Clash.

"This is a discussion forum, and I had asked the question because I could find no information on the website."

Above is a quote on a thread entitled "Identities of NRPAI Committee" posted on 21/10/04 by Clash.

Now people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones ! :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=195295

post #11

• Advertisement

I was wondering how long it'd take someone to dig that one up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

well sparks you and i know if its printed on a pc it never goes away:D;)

I am getting e-mails and voicemail messages from people over this from people who know my real identity on this forum !

Therefore, I am going to refrain from posting anything futher on this forum relating to the FCP !

Hope this makes those involved feel better :rolleyes:

I don't particularly care what side of what argument you're on, but for the record and the attention of those responsible, pulling that kind of sh*t is unacceptable. Harassing people who post in here is why we had to make this forum anonymous in the first place, which is something that has its disadvantages. Trying to shut people up in this way is a step about thirty years in the wrong direction :mad:

My absolute final word on the matter is .........................

For the record............................ !

My source on this matter is an NARGC member, who has no affiliation or involvement to/in any other shooting club/s or any other shooting organisation/s. He said it to me in a conversation and he didn't ask me to post it here. Nor did he know I was going to post it here.

• Advertisement

Mods would you consider closing this thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Before this thread is closed, can I point out the following.

In another recent thread regarding FCP, it was suggested that for instance that meetings held in January, the outcomes/updates/decisions be released as updates after the Feburary meeting.

Reading in March/April about decisions taken in October/November in ISD is not really the best way to keep members informed of what is potentially very important information for their sport

My 2cents

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

That's what it might look like Tony, but in actual fact all the stuff released in March/April had only just been concluded.

It takes that much time it seems :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

"This is a discussion forum, and I had asked the question because I could find no information on the website."

Above is a quote on a thread entitled "Identities of NRPAI Committee" posted on 21/10/04 by Clash.

Now people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones ! :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=195295

post #11

Ah the rashness of youth :D

Halcyon days indeed. ;)

Advertisement