Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reason 3

Options
  • 11-06-2008 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Het, I'm a total noob and am trying to use reason 3, but have little to no idea what i'm doing.

I can draw in drum samples, but when I press play it doesn't make any sound.

Oh and if anyone could suggest good forums i could join for making electronic music using reason and FL that'd be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

To the Music Production forum with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

wow, um...where to start!
    have u created a mixer at the top of the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

The manual explains everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Het, I'm a total noob and am trying to use reason 3, but have little to no idea what i'm doing.

I can draw in drum samples, but when I press play it doesn't make any sound.

Oh and if anyone could suggest good forums i could join for making electronic music using reason and FL that'd be great.

Cheers
    Maybe consider upgrading to Reason 4, its way more user friendly/better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Yeah, sounds to me like you dont have a mixer in your rack.
    Before you create a drum module or other synth to play, create a mixer first. Any modules you then add to the rack will automatically be patched to the next available channel on the mixer.
    If you create a module first, then the mixer, you need to go into the back of the rack (press tab) and patch it in.
    If you understand how to patch a keyboard/synth etc into a mixer in reality, then it should be no bother to do it by looking at the back of a rack in Reason!
    Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

You need to work out how Reason actually operates. Best way to do it is to open up the default tune & trace back how everything fits together.

Forget about the fancy stuff for now.. Just get the routing of the cables sorted. TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB..

http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=reasonscreenshotor1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Read the manual :)

Advertisement