Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a week...

Options
  • 11-06-2008 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

What dreams are made of!!!
    I got a call last Thursday night from my local cop shop, the news that i have been awaiting and yet dreading to hear...how would the application for a second .308 rifle go down....GRANTED :D
    Hope to pick up my nice new Steyr Scout this Saturday.....Went down to my local gun shop in Strabane, quick drive over the border for me, and put a deposit on a new .22lr rifle, a CZ 452FS...now i sold a .22 hornet around 4 months ago, so im getting that cert amended for the .22lr, just waiting for it to be delivered to collect it :)
    Now at this point i was fairly happy with myself, when yesterday me and my 'wee' brother went and bought a CZ550 Fullstock in .243 for 'him' and 'me'....One week, 3 rifles.....Oh Happy Days :D
    Yours with a HUGE smile,
    Mac Tire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

You lucky fecker.

Any reason why you and the bro went for a full stocked .243?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

Iv'e always liked full stocked rifles but the bro isn't as mad on them...but i managed to convert him, he wants to get a .308 in the future but i told him that the deal that we were getting on this was not going to be beat, so we went for it...Its fairly short and light so it will be a fantastic stalking rifle...We will be using it on Red's and Sika's but with a bit of fiddling we will be using it on greys and foxes with a lighter load....
    In the future i would like to get the stock carved with Deer Insignias (images) and the like......
    Plus its the bigger brother of the .22lr i bought, wouldn't want it getting lonely! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

Mac,

Please make sure to put on a Band-Aid plaster, instead of jogger's nipple you'll have shooter's finger!

ENJOY!!!

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Apart from looking fantastic, the full-stocked rifles apparently are great rifles, especially in cover, as they're really well balanced and quick handling. Good call. I want one. Yours in envy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Nice one Mac! Well may they wear :D

• Advertisement

I hope your refering to the rifles and not my weather detectors! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

Mac Tire wrote: »
    I hope your refering to the rifles and not my weather detectors! :D

can i be your new friend:rolleyes:i like BIG RIFLES:pwell done mac tire steve:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Fair play to you Mac you lucky so and so :D

It just shows you if you buy a ticket you can win the jackpot ...

I will be collecting the Scout tomorrow and if i get my FO tonight i will be collecting the .22 aswell,its sitting waiting for me in the dealers! Im worse than a kid at christmas :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

Mac Tire wrote: »
    I will be collecting the Scout tomorrow and if i get my FO tonight i will be collecting the .22 aswell,its sitting waiting for me in the dealers! Im worse than a kid at christmas :D:D:D

CAN EYE PLAY WITH YOU:pAND YOUR TOYS

• Advertisement
Advertisement