Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Result GRRRR

Options
  • 11-06-2008 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

My exam board was friday afternoon.

Now other years it's been max two days after the exam board that the results go online. Now it's Wednesday morning and still nothing.

Me no likies this new thing

And before I'm told that they dont' have to be out before Monday, I know that, but it seems positively stupid to hold them just for the sake of holding them.

I know I passed my degree as we got a text, but damnabit! I want my results!

Anyone else going mad or is it just a final year thing????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

My exam board was friday afternoon.

Now other years it's been max two days after the exam board that the results go online. Now it's Wednesday morning and still nothing.

Me no likies this new thing

And before I'm told that they dont' have to be out before Monday, I know that, but it seems positively stupid to hold them just for the sake of holding them.

I know I passed my degree as we got a text, but damnabit! I want my results!

Anyone else going mad or is it just a final year thing????

You got a text about your results? Is UCD running some sort of "Text RESULT to 53033 for your exams results plus one free ringtone" service? :p

I am positively crapping myself about results. Other times I know more or less whether I did well or did badly, so I'm not too nervous. This time though I have no idea at all how I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Not exactly - our course is small and we get sent group texts from the course co - ordinators.

They sent it after the exam board to tell us we all passed provisionnally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Not exactly - our course is small and we get sent group texts from the course co - ordinators.

They sent it after the exam board to tell us we all passed provisionnally.

Bah! I like my way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

bleh.... I don't want my results.... The time between finishing the last exam and getting the results is pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

bah... i hate waiting too hurry up and give us our results ucd!!! they are usually out a few days early arent they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

I really want my goddamn results!

very frustrating ah well guess we have no option but to wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hansman

lolli wrote: »
    bah... i hate waiting too hurry up and give us our results ucd!!! they are usually out a few days early arent they?

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while :). They're always on last day! Why won't they just say the day rather than the "at the latest" crap!

i finished my degree in 2005... that time we used to get them a few days early like if they said the monday they'd be out the thursday or so :P

Doing a postgrad this year so maybe things have changed since i was doing my degree. Anyways I just feckin hate waiting for things!!!

Anyone remember back in the day when you'd be given a date by course and they'd always be out minimum 2 days before that date.

This is ridiculous like, I mean does it really take over 3 working days to give people this information???

Surely it's only a matter of putting the file into the system then uploading it.

• Advertisement

yup thats what it was like when i was doing my degree :)

My results went up in the last hour....

Weird time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

hope they went well steph from a fellow rad here.

Thanks!

Glad to be put out of my misery tbh!

Happy overall - got a first in my thesis which is what I wanted to prove to myself I did good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

fair play to you. Good luck in the masters study then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

i clicked on mine, it says i owe fees and i have a hold on my account.
    I don't, argh stress :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

well done steph!!Goodluck to everyone else getting their results this week.
    A little over 4 weeks ago I was thinking that the results were light years away.Those light years sure have flown by...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Good luck, I hope your future is fruitful and prosperous.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Anyone remember back in the day when you'd be given a date by course and they'd always be out minimum 2 days before that date.

This is ridiculous like, I mean does it really take over 3 working days to give people this information???

Surely it's only a matter of putting the file into the system then uploading it.

You stupid clown. Whinging about the future, and you were proved wrong. Hopefully that's you out of UCD for good.

I don't see how I was proved wrong, they still took 3 days to go up and they went up at 10 o' clock at night.

OH and I'm doing a PhD.

And I'd prefer you refrain from being rude and obnoxious to me, I'm not like that to others, acting like that is nothing to proud about if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Congratulations Steph, glad all the stress (physical and mental) was worth it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

elgriff wrote: »
    You stupid clown. Whinging about the future, and you were proved wrong. Hopefully that's you out of UCD for good.

Lol. Not that I expect a truthful answer but are you a student, UCD admin or someone who hates those in 3rd level education?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

OH and I'm doing a PhD.

QUOTE]

thought you were doing radiography?

Yep I am.

We can do PhDs in radiography.

I'm doing mine on radiation protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I'm doing mine on radiation protection.
    Wear a tinfoil hat ;)

I have 365....

I like to have a regular rota of then.

My parents are getting me a platinum one for my graduation :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Infraction given to elgriff for personal abuse. Steph, good work on not lowering yourself to his level. You get a cookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Raphael wrote: »
    Infraction given to elgriff for personal abuse. Steph, good work on not lowering yourself to his level. You get a cookie.

Fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

Does anyone know why they're making us wait until monday? i mean surely there aren't any exam boards this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Cuz they is meanies... we all knows that.. :(

Advertisement