Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prostitution Advert on Front Page of the Sligo Post?

Options
  • 11-06-2008 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or does the front page of the Sligo Post look like an advert for prostitution ?

Pick up the post and read the article on the front page all that is missing is the contact details for Mr X but I am pretty sure anyone interested in his services wont find it too hard to get the details. The article is put together the same way they put in a new Company feature.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Pics please...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

That's no real surprise. Prostitution exists everywhere and I wouldn't say Sligo or any other town in Ireland would be an exception. Still though I havn't seen the advertisement yet. Peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

bennyc wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the front page of the Sligo Post look like an advert for prostitution ?

Pick up the post and read the article on the front page all that is missing is the contact details for Mr X but I am pretty sure anyone interested in his services wont find it too hard to get the details. The article is put together the same way they put in a new Company feature.

I dunno, how would you get his contact details. On the net is it.
    I found the story a bit shocking :eek: it's rather disconcerting to think what some people get up to

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Madge wrote: »
    how would you get his contact details. On the net is it.
    Jesus Madge. It hasnt come to that has it? ;)

I haven't seen the paper and probably never will but what I cant understand is you making a statement by way of the thread title and then asking the question with your opening post.

Which is it? Statement or question/assumption?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

muffler wrote: »
    Jesus Madge. It hasnt come to that has it? ;)

:o

Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I haven't seen the paper and probably never will but what I cant understand is you making a statement by way of the thread title and then asking the question with your opening post.

Which is it? Statement or question/assumption?

Muffler get a copy of the Paper I dont have a scanner here and tell me the article on the paper does not look like an advertisment. It pretty much has all the details of services provided, extra services provided, breakdown of costs, and type of people that are currently using the service. Only thing thats missing is the contact details but it does go on to say how the service is advertised on the web.

I made a statement in the thread title and opened the post with my opinion that it looks like an advertisement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Its a man-whore?????
    There must be a niche in the market.
    Feck. And here's me working* for €10 an hour when I could be earning so much more.

*I say working but obviously the very fact I am typing this may say otherwise.

Muffler get a copy of the Paper I dont have a scanner here and tell me the article on the paper does not look like an advertisment. It pretty much has all the details of services provided, extra services provided, breakdown of costs, and type of people that are currently using the service. Only thing thats missing is the contact details but it does go on to say how the service is advertised on the web.

I made a statement in the thread title and opened the post with my opinion that it looks like an advertisement.
    First of all Im in Stranorlar so I cant see me being in a position to view the ad in question.

Secondly the point I was making is that the title is a little confusing. Why not change to " Is this a Prostitution Advert on Front Page of the Sligo Post" or maybe just insert a simple question mark after it.

And dont forget to pass contact details to Madge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Secondly the point I was making is that the title is a little confusing. Why not change to " Is this a Prostitution Advert on Front Page of the Sligo Post" or maybe just insert a simple question mark after it.

The title is now a question Mr. Pedantic! :D

Bennyc, I hope you don't mind my changing it, I just made it a question so as to shut muffler up stop further confusion. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Point taken Muffler nd cheers takola as I couldnt change the title when I tried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

sounds like a typical sunday world style article from the sligo post tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

sounds like a typical sunday world style article from the sligo post tbh.

now with NEW* grammar!

*bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Rent boy shocker

From Sligo Post Digital Edition
    Jun 11th, 2008

The Sligo Post can exclusively reveal that a male prostitute is operating out of the Drumcliffe area selling his body for €135 per hour.

The man, who we’re calling Mr X, says he has a number of regular clients who are married men who have young children. He says one of these men has regular unprotected sex with him.

Advertising via the internet, the individual offers a ‘full nude male massage’ that includes explicit and graphic sex acts – that cannot be named in this family newspaper.

Punters are informed this service is for males strictly between the ages of 35 to 65, and the service is for men ‘looking for an alternative massage therapy’.

Web-users are able to contact Mr X via a mobile number and an email address.

He operates a seven-day service between 6pm to 2am during weeknights, and all day on a Saturday.

Mr X describes himself as having “a sexy body with curves in all the right places” and says he is in his “30s, with an athletic build”.

He charges €135 per hour, and €75 for a half hour where ‘anything goes’. Regular clients are able to avail of anal sex, albeit after several sessions, he says: “I won’t do anal for a once-off customer, but after five or six sessions then when a relationship is built-up, then I will.”

He insists on men wearing protection while engaging in intercourse, with the exception of one client who has unprotected sex with him.

“I have one regular client here from the area who likes to have sex without a condom. He has a wife, who I would know as well as his siblings, and a young child.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Better to merge the post with this thread than have 2 threads on it!
    Advertising via the internet, the individual offers a ‘full nude male massage’ that includes explicit and graphic sex acts – that cannot be named in this family newspaper.

I just realised that I've been...exposed to his adverts on the internet! :eek:

Thanks starbelgrade. We didn't have any links!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

takola wrote: »
    Better to merge the post with this thread than have 2 threads on it!

I just realised that I've been...exposed to his adverts on the internet! :eek:

Thanks starbelgrade. We didn't have any links!

Oops - I didn't see the other thread (wasn't around last week). Cheers!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sexy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

'Cannot be named in this family newspaper'

Such a rediculous statement for the sligo post to make

Sounds to me like 'SHOCK HORROR, Explicit details of a rent boy operating in the Grange area for this amount of money, and this is what he will do for it. Services are also advertised on the internet. But, we are a family newspaper and so we will not name names. '. Anyone ever heard of a google search? Feckin hell...............

They must be desperate for a story, I mean, its not like you have to pay for the paper or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

Who knows guys. If he is advertising himself then he may very well be among us, on these boards. Keep a look out for secret signals. Not me by the way!! :D

Advertisement