Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomastown

Options
  • 11-06-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I am moving to Thomastown soon and haven't a clue whats in the town, what the pubs are like for 28-35 year olds, where to dine, any pub grub etc...

Just some general information would be really appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Hi, it's been a while since I was out in Thomastown. :)

It's got a few pubs that seem to be popular... Buddy Carrolls, The Salmon Pool, Jerpoint Inn, Murphy's, O'Haras. I'm not sure which do the pub grub etc. There are 2 chinese takeaways now, a pizzeria and a chipper.

As for resturants unfotuntaly I can't help on that front as I haven't been there in a while.

The famous Mount Juliet is not too far away for golf, hotel & spa.

Other towns within 10 miles are, Graigenamanagh, Inistioge, Bennettsbridge, Ballyhale.

It's the best I can give you at the min. As I said it's been a while since I was out there.

Hope it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

There's a fabulous restaurant there called Ethos and I think most of the pubs in the square are full of young people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 stillhere08

have only passed through Thomastown a few times, but can say Eddie Murphys serve a lovely pint and the staff and customers are very friendly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 penny37

have only just moved here myself so keep me posted if ya hear of anything else to do!:D i hear that theres hurling on tues and thur and soccer for lads on monday - dont know about the girls thou

• Registered Users Posts: 47 thesocial

Finally moved in - we will ignore the fact that we have both bare windows and floors for now :-) people are lovely and friendly and the place has a very relaxed atmosphere. Dined out in the Coachyard last night - only main courses - 2 adults 1 child 64.00 won't be going there too often! Chinese in town is good also! Thats all we have tried so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Try ethos really good restaurant,(can be expensive) the long man on the dublin road used to be good, but i heard its gone down hill.
    There is camogie team in the town, there is also a canoeing club in the town.
    Also a great go-karting track a few miles out the waterford road. Don't worry i think you'll make friends there!
    Snow patrol christened it the happy valley for a reason, they loved it!
    One of the best towns in the country to go out in, great pubs, great gigs. Favourite Pubs in the town 1)murphys 2)reillys 3)buddy's.

Advertisement