Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rally Ireland 09

Options
  • 11-06-2008 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

http://www.rallyireland.org/news.aspx?article=240

I hope Sligo gets the HQ for this again. Is it true that Rally Ireland paid for the New Carpark in the IT to accomodate this last time around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

"....organisers have sought to bring the rally to locations that the event has not visited before."

Stupid *****.
    It was grand as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

MikeySligo wrote: »
    "....organisers have sought to bring the rally to locations that the event has not visited before."

Stupid *****.
    It was grand as it was.

its still in the NW though, cant complain there, would be a bit boring if they ran it on the exact same route as last time

(would this more more suited in the NW forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I would hope this only means a different route Sligo Leitrim Donegal Fermanagh are mentioned. Some of the towns on the stages did very well from this last time out. Geevagh and Arigna were jammed from the evening before the stage and I am sure other towns would like to see it come their way. The super stages wouldnt bother me where they went I would prefer to have more proper rally stages in this region.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭the_wabbitt

Rally Ireland 09 will be broadly going along that same stages as last year - HQ i penciled in for sligo again.

Roll on Jan

Rally Ireland 09 will be broadly going along that same stages as last year - HQ i penciled in for sligo again.

Roll on Jan

anys links for that, no further updates on the rally ireland site since these two, no mention of HQ or specfic routes though

• Advertisement

i work for a contractor supplying services to a company that deals with the rally. their manager told me to be ready for jan 09 thats how i know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Jan 29 - 30 - 31

We've already got bookings for it at work.

where u work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I work in the hospitality industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Yes, that sounds like terrific news, really looking forward to it. Hope it gets the go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Impreza82

All the stages will be the same they seldom change special stages on the WRC something to do with reccee's and pacenotes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

bennyc wrote: »
    http://www.rallyireland.org/news.aspx?article=240

I hope Sligo gets the HQ for this again. Is it true that Rally Ireland paid for the New Carpark in the IT to accomodate this last time around.

Is it true there is a new carpark in the IT ????

woo hoo, plans have been anounced for rally ireland 2009, HQ is at the IT again

40 odd page guide as well (pdf file)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

No Mullaghmore :confused::eek::(:mad:

No harm really the Special Stage in Arigna sounds good but I would prefer a regular stage as this is where I went last year and cars push it on more on a normal stage IMO. Also the Donegal Town Street stage I would imagine that is also a Special Stage sounds great but I am having nightmares about the traffic already.

no, although wasn't greatly impressed by it last year, rally was preety much decided by that point, stage was too short, and cars weren't racing at full tilt,

although the donegal town stage is only between 1 and 2 km, and the last stage this time around on the sunday, because its street based, could be exciting to watch, and is televised

only problem is its on same day as the loughgill stage, lough gill was brilliant last time, was standing in a feild for it at 7am, left feild at 2 to 3 pm, was there for both runs,

would love to see lough gill and donegal town this time, may not get to see both though, would be cutting it very fine to get out of lough gill to even catch donegal town on TV, altough there is good line ups for the friday and saturday as well,

plenty of time to plan it anyway, plus more detailed maps will probably be realeased a week or so before hand

bennyc wrote: »
    No harm really the Special Stage in Arigna sounds good but I would prefer a regular stage as this is where I went last year and cars push it on more on a normal stage IMO. Also the Donegal Town Street stage I would imagine that is also a Special Stage sounds great but I am having nightmares about the traffic already.

the traffic out of mullagmore was nuts lastime, waited couple of hours on the special cie bus, then took about two hours for it to get back to sligo

I stayed well clear of that, this time I will go to the shakedown which will be somewhere in sligo and one of the main stages. Took the young lad last time got up at 4am and headed to Arigna (from Ballymote) walked down the stage from the town for about 1.5 miles and got a really good spot had the deck chairs packed lunch and flask. Really looking forward to this again.

we stayed in dromahair on the thursday night last year, was at both loughgill runs on the friday, left the house at about 6am, an hour or so later, reached our vantage point for the two lough gill runs, service park on the saturday and mulagmore on the sunday

haven't looked at it in enough detail yet for this time around, but would definitly love to see donegal town, will most likely be on TV, so considering how long it might take to get out of lough gill, might just go to the service park sunday morning, and catch some stages on the saturday or friday instead

two of my vids from last year

taken on the first lough gill run, was a bigger crowd for the second run

service park

Advertisement