Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal State

Options
  • 11-06-2008 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

I don't see a thread about this so I'll just jump in please move if it's in the wrong place.

Is this show for real. I was watching it on living last night. The guy seems very young to have experienced all he seems to have experienced. Also he was refering back to a past case he had worked on with the RCC in which he had confronted a particularly nasty demon which he would not name (I understand that by naming the demon you give it power). He said that this demon was not stalking him and that there would be a fight sooner or later.

So my question is is this a REAL show or is it a dramaesque type show. If you understand what I mean. I believe that there is something else out there, especially if all routes of disproving it has been researched. (If you know what I mean)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

i have seen the whole series of this show and it doesnt get any better,,,lol,,,
    scooby doo meets the famous 5,,,its entertainment if thats what you call it,,,but its based on the demons everywere syndrome,,,
    i wont be rushing back to sit on front of the tv for this onem,,but if its somthing you like

Yeah i have watched the series too. There is always a demon. No matter what there is a demon . At one stage there is a woman getting her own EVPs. She lives in a house were the previous owner hanged herself. They go in and its not a ghost its a Demon .
    The one epesode that was interesting was the mothman episode.

The whole we are warriors thing sounds a bit stupid , along with the directors log. But what can you do , they probably dont have any say over the production. Not only that but they have huge ratings in the states so , who am i to judge really .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

ha ha only saw this for the first time last night it's gas. The passing of the demon's name around on paper and the repeated warnings NOT to speak it's name aloud were really funny. Plus the main guy totally hijacked the investigation by sh*ting on about his own grand battle with this stalker demon thing and his gearing up for a BIG show down. presumably if we stay tuned we'll see it. The dictaphone style voice over is really annoying and the editing is really bad too. there's a big build up to the story and then they have to wrap up after five mins of actual investigation as it's only 30 mins long.

Good laugh though. And in fairness, something being big in America does not mean it's quality tv or in any way credible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I watched 3 shows, all were muck, sending things towards the light etc, it's entertainment, like
    wwe (sorry dray that's not real either)
    I've more or less given up on paranormal shows TBH, i know some are great, but I almost like them most for the loactions

Watch the Paranormal Channel . I have only started watching it now .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Sagittarius79

Started watching Paranormal Channel a bit now too but never find anything really interesting on it....just repeats of stuff like 'Strange But True'. What shows would you recommend on it Dre?

Also, read somewhere that Yvette Fielding & Most Haunted gang are behind this channel, anyone know for definite?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Started watching Paranormal Channel a bit now too but never find anything really interesting on it....just repeats of stuff like 'Strange But True'. What shows would you recommend on it Dre?

Also, read somewhere that Yvette Fielding & Most Haunted gang are behind this channel, anyone know for definite?
    yep its true,,,
    http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=228342

Really just watch any show and draw your own conclusions from them .

Advertisement